RIP dad

Pouli

Feb 9, 2019
This will be my last post on this thread, then I will start a new thread in the ‘After Dementia- dealing with death’ area. I hadn’t realised at the time of starting this thread that there was such an area, plus I think I was still in denial.

But I am no more as it was dad’s funeral today, I wrote his Eulogy, created the Oder of service, chose the songs both by Elvis as dad was a fan and we said our goodbyes. I think it all went well and the Celebrant who conducted the ceremony at the Crematorium was wonderful. He read the Eulogy I had written, it’s not something I could have done and he had obviously listened to me well, talking about dad as his opening and closing words fitted in perfectly too.

We then had tea and lots of cake back at my house.

The flowers from the funeral, after removing a few to take to the cemetery on Sunday for Mother’s Day. I took them to dad’s care home and they are going to make them into table decorations for Sunday, when they will be having a Mothering Sunday tea party. I am so pleased they are not going to waste.

Thank you everyone for your support over the last couple of years and for all your messages of condolence,it has been very much appreciated.

Goodbye and I wish you all well.
Elle x
I'm glad it all went well, Elle. Ours is next Monday and I hope it goes as well as yours did. Take some time for yourself now. You've earned it.

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
I'm glad it all went well, Elle. Ours is next Monday and I hope it goes as well as yours did. Take some time for yourself now. You've earned it.

Thank you Pouli, I hope yours goes well too. It does give you some closure. I will be thinking of you. Elle x

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I totally agree MaNaAk, if you can't eat what you fancy at 80+ then there is no point living. He did enjoy his food and even after finishing his last meal before he died he said to the carer that it was good.

Thank you x
Dear Ellen,

I hope the funeral went well and your dad would know that you would have given the best. I am hoping that now that it is over you will have some time to look at grieve and eventually some peace. Please visit these pages as some of us can give you advice and tell you that you are not alone.

Love

MaNaAk