Casualty

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
What did you all think of last night's episode? Duffy was obviously too traumatised to hear the consultant discussing medication and adult social care!

MaNaAk

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
It will be interesting to see how the story progresses. I hope they don’t downplay it.

Also, seeing it from the point of view of someone thinking something was wrong and then putting themselves through the process of diagnosis etc was a different viewpoint for me. As I’ve only had to deal with my dad who never admitted to there being a problem and refused to see a GP until I forced it, much later in the progression of the disease.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
I don't watch Casualty any more but I remember Duffy from her first stint. I suspect unfortunately the dementia will be downplayed, and she will conveniently die before anything too unpleasant happens. I just don't think prime time soap audiences want to watch distressing scenes of later stage dementia.

The best depiction I've seen of dementia was Ashley in Emmerdale. The episode from his 'point of view' was superb. He did however conveniently die fairly quickly, and while I know each person is different it is unusual to go from diagnosis to death in 18 months, so it gives a false impression of something quickly over.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
What does everyone think of tonight's episode? The usually calm Charlie is feeling the strain of Duffy's diagnosis and the rest of the ER department are more stressed out than usual.

MaNaAk

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I wonder if that's how they're intending to play it? The effect dementia has on everyone not just the PWD.

Poor Charlie...he's always been my favourite!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Casualty are playing this storyline out better than EastEnders in my view which was deeply irritating and did nothing to promote adult social care.

MaNaAk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy T