Casualty

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone is following Duffy's story in 'Casualty' because so far I am transfixed!

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I'm not.
Tell us about it.
Is it dementia related?
If it is:
Do you think it is accurate?
Is it promoting awareness of dementia?

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
There isn't really much yet. Nurse Duffy has put her symptoms in an online symptoms checker and now she is convinced she has dementia, but doesn't get it checked out. It's actually quite annoying.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Nurse Duffy has put her symptoms in an online symptoms checker and now she is convinced she has dementia, but doesn't get it checked out.

I think this is quite common for any medical problem, almost a form of denial.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I will let you know what happens but it can't be worse than 'Eastenders'!

MaNaAk

As some of you know I had a few stressful moments last week so on Saturday after an evening out I arrived home in time to watch Casualty. It began with Duffy, played by the excellent Cathy Shipton, remembering that she has her memory test at 5 pm. In between time there was all the usual drama and it wasn't until the very end that I got to see Duffy completing her test. She had trouble remembering three words at the beginning of the test and she said I have it don't I before the credits started to roll. Now I have to wait until Saturday to see what happened! Very annoying!

MaNaAk

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Like you have dementia simply because you can't remember a few words! The woman is stressed! So far I'm not impressed with the storyline.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Like you have dementia simply because you can't remember a few words! The woman is stressed! So far I'm not impressed with the storyline.

I know Beate! There are several things wrong with it. I remember raising my concerns at our local GP surgery and being told to come to dad's appointment with him!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Unfortunately I have just noticed that Charlie and Duffy aren't in this week's episode so we'll just have to wait a fortnight to find out what ha

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I was somehow cut off but anyway I was going to say that we will have to wait a fortnight to find out what happened.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Not much happened last night although I missed the first few minutes. The only clip of Duffy possibly suffering from dementia was the look of confusion on her face when she found a card and present for Charlie in her locker!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
There was a bit more last night but I don't think that the BBC have done research properly because Duffy hasn't had a blood test or a scan!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

You may all want to know that in the next episode it seems that Duffy gets a diagnosis so let's see what happens from here. Personally I don't remember any scan or blood test so I must have missed something!

MaNaAk

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
There was a bit more last night but I don't think that the BBC have done research properly because Duffy hasn't had a blood test or a scan!

MaNaAk

Neither did my mother-in-law. Her Alzheimer's was diagnosed purely by the memory clinic on the basis of symptoms and the standard testing.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Neither did my mother-in-law. Her Alzheimer's was diagnosed purely by the memory clinic on the basis of symptoms and the standard testing.

Thankyou Lemondrizzle,

I'd like to know how they plan to introduce treatment into the storyline and maybe highlight adult social care.

MaNaAk

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
Thankyou Lemondrizzle,

I'd like to know how they plan to introduce treatment into the storyline and maybe highlight adult social care.

MaNaAk

Yes I would like to know this too. While I don't have any issue with the diagnostic aspect of the storyline I really hope they don't dress things up in niceties going forward.