such is life

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
SUCH IS LIFE

Sometimes the conversation just dies, oh ! it doesn't finish, oh no, it's just that the words being spoken to me turn to gibberish and I can't understand them, they sound so different and its as if I am being spoken to in another language. Can you imagine how frustrating that is ?? There you are listening and watching a great film and then slowly, the language turns to nonsense until eventually, you have no understanding of what's going on? Or your company and there is a really good conversation going around, and just when you want to join in ?? It all goes wrong as you completely lose the thread, and then, to make matters worse, you can't remember what was being said in the first place.
Also the other evening i was watching something but just couldn't get my head around it. I squinted at the TV and must have looked very studious. Elaine turned to me and said "Norms? Are you ok? You look puzzled? I tried to say what i wanted but couldn't, and when I did, it kind of came out like,
"" Prnkiclaynbs ""
Or, some unpronounceable made up word anyway which made no sense whatsoever. Then !! Like a light bulb coming on, it all seemed to make sense and I said loudly "I know who that is now"" he`s the one whose wife got hurt and they blamed him for it!!
OH I was joyous, IF just for one second, only to be told that was another programme that I had been watching the day before

Such is Life

Such is Dementia

SUCH IS FRUSTRATION !!!

Norrms
Diagnosed with Dementia

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Try to hear of your struggles mate but, yet again, you have proved educational. My OH a PWD has recently been struggling on occasion to understand what I am saying and I was thinking that it was me not speaking properly or her hearing needed testing. Never thought it might be dementia so thank you again. Good luck with the ongoing battle, Harry

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My dad used to have that problem with words @Norrms.

I could see how frustrating it was for him it was when he was in the middle of trying to tell me something. He used to go quiet sometimes too and I suspect he’d probably lost the thread of the conversation.

It explains why he lost interest in watching TV

CarlW

Apr 10, 2019
Thank you for sharing this, and for your other posts. You describe it perfectly. I wish I had found your posts earlier. I have a loved one with dementia and if I had been able to understand earlier maybe I would have been able to help her. I'm sorry you are going through this xxx

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
Good morning Norrms..
I think I know what you mean... I find tv series strange sometimes. When I watch and it is like I am not taking anything in. I struggle to order things and get who is who, but other times I'm on a roll and enjoy the moment.

Light bulb moment.. yeah! most my day seem in a haze when my dream and real life mix, and then it is all good. :)

You are the second person I have spoken to here that has dementia...

Have good sunny and clear day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare