Mum

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
I helped out at the church this morning setting the tables for Christmas lunch tomorrow. I tried to bring my mum down to a Care home near me earlier in the year but she would have none of it demanding we took her back to the home in Lancashire 200 miles away. I now see her every other weekend.
I was sad today because if she'd have stayed down here she could have come to church to help me and joined us for Christmas lunch tomorrow.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
That is a pity, Susan. My partner's daughter won't accept any new cafes or restaurants and she gets confused by taking a different route back from the usual places. She doesn't even have dementia, so it must be hard for your mum to uproot now and harder for you to only see her every couple of weeks. Christmas will be hard for you, so sending the best sympathy and support possible.

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
That is a pity, Susan. My partner's daughter won't accept any new cafes or restaurants and she gets confused by taking a different route back from the usual places. She doesn't even have dementia, so it must be hard for your mum to uproot now and harder for you to only see her every couple of weeks. Christmas will be hard for you, so sending the best sympathy and support possible.
Thank you. I seriously underestimated how difficult my Mum would find the move especially as she had only been in the other care home for 6 weeks since my Dad died . However she has settled into the northern home and made friends. She is 94.