POA & Switching Credit Cards

sixy74

Jul 4, 2018
Can anybody tell me if I am allowed to open a Credit Card Account in my fathers name if I hold POA.
His current 0% deal will be ending shortly and if possible I would like to switch it to another 0% deal

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Can anybody tell me if I am allowed to open a Credit Card Account in my fathers name if I hold POA.
His current 0% deal will be ending shortly and if possible I would like to switch it to another 0% deal
Yes definitely. They will ask to see the POA documents .

sixy74

Jul 4, 2018
Yes definitely. They will ask to see the POA documents .
Hi
Thanks for replying, this may seem like a silly question but can I apply online , ie do I just fill in the application using my fathers details or do I need to apply in person, it’s a long time since I’ve done that lol

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Hi
Thanks for replying, this may seem like a silly question but can I apply online , ie do I just fill in the application using my fathers details or do I need to apply in person, it’s a long time since I’ve done that lol
I'm not sure about that. You could just try and see what questions they ask you .

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The CC provider will need sight of the original POA or a certified copy.
Ring them and ask how to proceed, it will probably be easier if the card provider is a bank with a local high street presence.