Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It’s nice to meet new people, but I really should think a bit more about what it’s going to take, I may like to think I’m still young, but I’m just not as young as that

Set off at just after 09.00, I was just about going to make it in time, with a stop for Pooch. 10 miles from the cafe I ended up in the roadworks I was trying to avoid, then the postcode led me to the wrong road. Now late, I had to call & get directions ... I was late :rolleyes::oops:

The company was good, the sun shone, we chatted. Pooch was pretty well behaved. He whined when I left him with them to pop to the ladies before setting off. Bless him, I could hear him all the way. He was standing with his tail between his legs when I got back :( Silly boy, as if I’d walk off & leave him behind

Thank you for coming, the flowers were lovely :D

I’m home. Pooch has had a walk & I'm not going anywhere tomorrow.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I'm glad you are home safely Sam - but sorry that the day took so much out of you (((hugs)))

It is what it is .... my most hated expression, but sums it up :rolleyes: I really wish I had my spa bath here, I could do with a pummelling :p

Pooch is snuggling & determined not to be anywhere but by me o_O

It was nice to have such a relaxed meet up :)

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hope you are having a restful day today Sam, and Pooch enjoyed his trip despite the car journey.
I'm off to visit Mum soon .... no rest for the wicked! Catch up soon X

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m doing paperwork @Toony Oony , it keeps me relatively still & it needs doing.

Pooch slept all the way, all bleary eyed getting out the car :eek: I made a salad & threw some chicken bits in the oven, it was much as I could handle :D

Hope your mum visit goes well :)

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Glad you had a lovely day out @Sam Luvit :)

We've had a problem today, my sister was with her grandson in the park, some idiot thought it was a good idea to put a large stone ( appropriate 10 inches long) in a tree, on a branch :mad:
My sister who is 70 next year now has just returned from A and E , head injury and stitches.
She was stood below tree ( 20 feet ) the stone fell !!!!

Words fail me :mad::(:(:mad::(

She could have died, all she could say was thankfully it wasn't her young grandson, just what do people get out of doing things like that ?????

I'm so gutted

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Margi, that is utterly appalling! :mad: I am so glad that neither your sister nor her grandson were badly hurt - but that is no thanks to the idiot who put the stone there.
Thank you @Slugsta , the area where the incident occurred is where we have a cenotaph for the First World War. I've asked my sister to ring the police and report it, I'm worried that there maybe more in the surrounding trees, set up to fall on people paying their respects :mad:

It just beggars belief what some people do. Totally sick.

I've been to visit my sister, she is a mess. Hair is full of blood, stitches in scalp, doctor at A and E has said not to wash her hair for days. My sister is a very proud, smart lady, who always makes an effort when leaving the house. So to be in this state is totally alien to her.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Thank you @Slugsta , the area where the incident occurred is where we have a cenotaph for the First World War. I've asked my sister to ring the police and report it, I'm worried that there maybe more in the surrounding trees, set up to fall on people paying their respects :mad:

It just beggars belief what some people do. Totally sick.

I've been to visit my sister, she is a mess. Hair is full of blood, stitches in scalp, doctor at A and E has said not to wash her hair for days. My sister is a very proud, smart lady, who always makes an effort when leaving the house. So to be in this state is totally alien to her.
Your poor sister what a shock. You can't even imagine what sort of minds these people must have.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Margi, your sister should certainly report this to the police. It is no thanks to the perpetrator/s that no-one was seriously injured - or worse. They could well have been looking at a manslaughter charge . . . :mad: Although your sister should not get the wound wet, it won't hurt to gently sponge the rest of her scalp and hair to help clean her up.

Sam, how are you today?

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hello @Slugsta - yes I must have been very wicked!
Thankfully not too wicked though as I had a good visit with Mum yesterday (phew!) the last week or so had been hard going. She's a great one for hiding things ... it seems the latest hiding place is in her incontinence pants :eek: ... thankfully just in the top band! She kept producing things from inside there like a magician pulling things from a hat .... glasses, biro, cuddly toy (not really a cuddly toy but I just had to include that!) Slightly disconcerting, but at least she was reasonably cheerful.

Horrified at @Margi29 's poor sister. Such calculated and malicious evil.

Morning @Sam Luvit - hope you are a bit less achy and tired today.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Morning all,

Margi, your sister should certainly report this to the police. It is no thanks to the perpetrator/s that no-one was seriously injured - or worse. They could well have been looking at a manslaughter charge . . . :mad: Although your sister should not get the wound wet, it won't hurt to gently sponge the rest of her scalp and hair to help clean her up.

Sam, how are you today?
Thank you, I'm going round to see her today, my sister stays with mum every Tuesday night, so have said ill sort
Mum out tonight. Will let her know to sponge the area x

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Oh my .... :eek: just mouth open shocked. What the heck is wrong with people :mad: That beggars belief. Please give her my live & speedy recovery hugs @Margi29
Will do :)
I woke this morning, feeling sick for her, I know I'm gradually loosing mum, but have always had an incredible close bond with my sister ( she is 14 years older than me ) she has always been there for me. The thought of loosing her ....:(

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hello @Slugsta - yes I must have been very wicked!
Thankfully not too wicked though as I had a good visit with Mum yesterday (phew!) the last week or so had been hard going. She's a great one for hiding things ... it seems the latest hiding place is in her incontinence pants :eek: ... thankfully just in the top band! She kept producing things from inside there like a magician pulling things from a hat .... glasses, biro, cuddly toy (not really a cuddly toy but I just had to include that!) Slightly disconcerting, but at least she was reasonably cheerful.

Horrified at @Margi29 's poor sister. Such calculated and malicious evil.

Morning @Sam Luvit - hope you are a bit less achy and tired today.
Thank you @Toony Oony . Just horrible !!!

On subject of magpies/ magician mum is always ' packing to move ' I found a shopping bag packed with one cup and saucer, a fish knife, two forks, one sock, and a bottle of fairy liquid, it's the random things when mum packs :eek::)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare