Hi old friends

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
I am still hanging in there ! Mom has leveled off somewhat but since breaking her hip in February has astonded everyone that she is still with us. She is wheel chair bound and her cognition has worsened but is back to eatting a regular meal although she has to be fed.
She has good and bad days. The good will find her jabbering and laughing, talking to the Television and her stuffed animals. The bad finding her unresponsive and totally zoned out.
She will still respond when I tell her I love her with , " I love you sweetheart" That keeps me going.
On a personal note, I'm still working full time, seeing Mom after work and trying to manage a somewhat normal life. We even got away for a few days. In July to attend my daughters wedding and earlier this month to go to the mountains. It is a leap of faith to leave knowing anything could happen to Mom while we're gone.
I have friends who's parents suddenly get ill and pass quickly, I wonder why Mom has to have this long lingering disease. I had no idea that the end stage could linger for so long. But we're blessed, Mom is well taken care, isn't in pain and is smiling on most days.
I hope all of you are doing well. I think of you often even if I don't get on TP as often as I used to. Take care.
Love, Debbie

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Debbie:
It is good to see you back on tp and to hear how remarkable your Mum is after a difficult patch.
I am pleased you spent time away and also enjoyed your daughter's wedding. I am sure pics would be very welcome!

Take care and keep in touch. Jan

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Dear Debbie,
My daughter also married in July and it was very sad that my Mum and mother-in-law were not able to be with us. We remembered them by decorating the marquee with lots of pink flower arrangements, as they both loved pink flowers. Even the wedding cake was pink!

Even after a year, it still doesn't seem possible that we shall see Mum again and at least in her nursing home room, I could catch a glimpse of her old self now and again.

My Mum died unexpectedly after a heart attack, but I did have the comfort of knowing that she was not alone and was being well looked after.

I hope that the future will be peaceful for you all and your family will be able to share happy memories.

Best wishes,

Kayla

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Debbie

It`s good to hear from you.

Congratulations on your daughter`s wedding. I`m sure it was a most memorable day.

I hope your mother stays comfortable and pain free. It`s as much as we can ask for, isn`t it.

Love xx

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
Hey Debbie,

Great to see a post from you again. I know how you feel being blessed to still have your mum but not without feeling a fair whack of pain that this sad disease has to go on for so long.

I won't say I'm glad to see you back on here, as I worry that a return to here means you need support and I wouldn't wish that on anyone....but nevertheless I am glad to see you full stop.

Best wishes and take care,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Debbie

Good to hear from you again!

My John is in much the same situation as your mum, comfortable and pain-free, though he can't walk or talk.

I've no idea how long it will go on, I'm just making the most of the good days.

Stay in touch,

Love,

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Debbie.

"But we're blessed, Mom is well taken care, isn't in pain and is smiling on most days. "

Thats brilliant....enjoy the smiles.
Lovely to see you on here again.

Love Helen

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Always lovely to see you on TP , no matter what situation its for, also also great to read up dates in how you & your family are gettng on .

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Wedding pictures

I will try these pics, they are really tiny so not sure they will show well. Been awhile since I tried this!
JC, I have ups and downs still and always need you all. Life has just gotten so hectic since I started working that I don't have the luxury of computer time at home like I used to. Work has been very good medicine for me. I used to not know what I as going to do with myself after Mom left us, but I have this very crazy and busy job now that is giving me many challenges. I've always been an artist and now am a accounting manager. I laugh every time I say that!
I go to see Mom three times a week. She wasn't so good last night but Sunday was laughing at the TRavel channel and talking with a spanish accent ( no she doesn't speak spanish!) There are still joys but it has gotten to a point that when she passes, my feelings will include relief and happiness that she is finally free of this disease.
I have missed you all and will be posting more often. I had honestly forgotten how much it helps to unload.
Off to work now, take care!
Love, Debbie
ps, also hi to Brucie, ( not much time for the bike lately but a trip is in the works)And thanks all for your well wishes !!

wedding picture1.jpg

wedding picture2.jpg

wedding picture3.jpg

wedding picture4.jpg