Where to get Net pants at a good price

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
My mum who is bed bound wears a net pant they are like a little pair of shorts made by Tena,they are called Ten Fix Basic and we used to get them from Amazon for about £6 for 5 pairs,I have just ordered some from Ebay and the packaging looked the same(in the photo for product advert) as the Amazon packet but when they arrived they came in very plain packaging with Tena mentioned in small writing at the bottom of the back of packet and no care instruction or a place for writing name inside the waistband which is standard,also they are are very thin and the quality seems a lot lesser.
Can anyone tell me if they have found a good value place to purchase the retail version of these pants,as after speaking to a Tena advisor they feel they have been obtained from a grey market and could be an NHS version,that aren't for sale to the public

KathrynAnne

Jun 6, 2018
South Yorkshire
Have you contacted your local incontinence service? My Mum gets a delivery of free Tena incontinence pants every few months because she has an Alzheimer’s diagnosis and was assessed by a nurse. I believe this is available to anyone and no financial assessment is involved xx

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Have you contacted your local incontinence service? My Mum gets a delivery of free Tena incontinence pants every few months because she has an Alzheimer’s diagnosis and was assessed by a nurse. I believe this is available to anyone and no financial assessment is involved xx
Hi we get her pads from them,I suppose I could ask,thanks

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Fix [fixation] pants are part of the prescription for mum, but we always get the size wrong! and I have made umpteen phone calls to try and change this, no success. So I buy extra from Complete Care shop online, they have the ones that are slightly longer in the leg. If you really need something quickly then cut legs off a pair of tights.

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Fix [fixation] pants are part of the prescription for mum, but we always get the size wrong! and I have made umpteen phone calls to try and change this, no success. So I buy extra from Complete Care shop online, they have the ones that are slightly longer in the leg. If you really need something quickly then cut legs off a pair of tights.

How many pairs do you manage to get and how often,as they do have quite a short life,they didn't ever mention the pants to us,but I will ask on the off chance,I hear they have been cutting down the amount of pads they give too,my mum has 4 care visits and they wanted to just give her 3 as they did the maths and said 3 should cover her liquid intake,I said we have 4 care visits for pad changes and what about passing faeces,the lady then relented and we have 1 big wrap around pad at night with sticky fastenings and 3 pads for placing in net pants

Last edited:

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
How many pairs do you manage to get and how often,as they do have quite a short life,they didn't ever mention the pants to us,but I will ask on the off chance,I hear they have been cutting down the amount of pads they give too,my mum has 4 care visits and they wanted to just give her 3 as they did the maths and said 3 should cover her liquid intake,I said we have 4 care visits for pad changes and what about passing faeces,the lady then relented and we have 1 big wrap around pad at night with sticky fastenings and 3 pads for placing in net pants

The first delivery of pads included 3 fixation pants, but they were too big and after only a few weeks of wearing them they got bigger! so changed this to medium with a phone call to continence service and 3 pairs sent with next delivery.. Trying to change this to small, but so far no success, which is why I am buying or using tights with legs cut off.

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Fix [fixation] pants are part of the prescription for mum, but we always get the size wrong! and I have made umpteen phone calls to try and change this, no success.

Had to laugh at this! Tha amount of times we have requested a different size :)

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
I get a pack of 5 (Tena) every three months with the pad delivery. So far they have all lasted, though I think some of the older ones have lost their stretchiness a bit. I have always got XL for mum as I don't want anything cutting into her skin, and she's still a bit on the large side (though much smaller, sadly, than a year ago). I've still got some samples in smaller sizes that were originally sent to try, so will move down to Large when we need to. I wish someone made pants in the same shape, but with some kind of waterproof lining. I guess some of the membrane type materials used for walking gear would make the pants very expensive (and I'm not sure it stretches?), but probably worth it to save all the leaks I have to deal with. If they were breathable and waterproof they would be perfect. I would certainly fork out a bit more for something like that!

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
I get a pack of 5 (Tena) every three months with the pad delivery. So far they have all lasted, though I think some of the older ones have lost their stretchiness a bit. I have always got XL for mum as I don't want anything cutting into her skin, and she's still a bit on the large side (though much smaller, sadly, than a year ago). I've still got some samples in smaller sizes that were originally sent to try, so will move down to Large when we need to. I wish someone made pants in the same shape, but with some kind of waterproof lining. I guess some of the membrane type materials used for walking gear would make the pants very expensive (and I'm not sure it stretches?), but probably worth it to save all the leaks I have to deal with. If they were breathable and waterproof they would be perfect. I would certainly fork out a bit more for something like that!
Thanks for your help,my mum is 5 foot,she's still chubby so that's extra padding for when she is being rolled at pad change time and it gives her an extra cushion on her bum which we hope will keep pressure sores away for a while

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa

Helsy27

Dec 20, 2016
I put my dads pads in his underwear. We got a supply of the netty things with his first delivery of pads but found they didn't last long. I bought him some y front underwear and they hold the pads great.

Winnie10

Feb 25, 2013
I used Sloggi knickers with my mum, they held the pads to her body well, and even the large night pads. They can stand a very hot wash, and always came up clean, if she ever had "an upset tummy"

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
I put my dads pads in his underwear. We got a supply of the netty things with his first delivery of pads but found they didn't last long. I bought him some y front underwear and they hold the pads great.
I rang the pad order line to check how many pads they are going to send next time as the prescription has changed,they they are going to send 10 pairs of nets,I don't know is a one off,I will need to order more as they fall to pieces quite quick

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5