Communication

Jorbin

Jan 30, 2018
does anyone know what will happen when I get to the stage I am unable to speak. How will the care staff communicate with me?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It might not happen @Jorbin. Not everyone with dementia loses their language.

My husband didn`t use as many words and when I asked him questions I made sure they could be answered with yes or no. Even just before he died I would ask him if he was comfortable or if he wanted a drink and he understood what I was saying.

Care staff will be experienced in communicating with people who need a simpler form of language.

From the way you are posting here on Talking Point I hope it will be a very long time before you have any language difficulties.

Jorbin

Jan 30, 2018
It might not happen @Jorbin. Not everyone with dementia loses their language.

My husband didn`t use as many words and when I asked him questions I made sure they could be answered with yes or no. Even just before he died I would ask him if he was comfortable or if he wanted a drink and he understood what I was saying.

Care staff will be experienced in communicating with people who need a simpler form of language.

From the way you are posting here on Talking Point I hope it will be a very long time before you have any language difficulties.
Thank you.x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5