Please keep me and my Family in your thoughts

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
My thoughts and prayers are with you & your family during this difficult time and may God give you the strength to carry on.

Many, many huge hugs.

MAMMYGRANNY

Jan 26, 2016
Sending you hugs and prayers for strength as you go through this awful time. May God give your husband ease and peace.

lindad123456789

Feb 1, 2015
After nearly 8 years battling Alzheimers Dementia and Parkinsons Disease my OH is now nearing the end of his life at the age of only 64. He is receiving End of Life Care at his Nursing Home after being transferred back there from hospital. Two weeks ago he was suddenly taken seriously ill and taken to hospital and was diagnosed with a serious UTI, Pneumonia, sepsis and then finally the serious strain of flu!! Unfortunately his already compromised immune system couldn't cope and myself and our daughter as his Power of Attorney's and the Doctors made the decision on Monday to withdraw the antibiotics and fluid drip and allow him to die peacefully.

It has been a roller coaster ride for us particularly in the last 5 months and if you have seen my previous posts we were in fact due to have a meeting last Thursday with the CHC, Social Worker, My Attorney and the Nursing Home Manager as his behaviour had deteriorated to such a point that it was felt he needed to be moved to a Mental Health Unit. This latest development will mean there will be no need for the meeting or for my OH to have to be moved again.

Talking Point has been a Godsend for me as it has allowed me to rant and rave, get valuable information and at times offer support to others. I would urge everyone to have a Power of Attorney for Health and Wealth to cover situations like mine. The Doctors had to consult with me and ask my opinion as my OH was unable to speak for himself and because we had had 'The Conversation' I knew exactly what I had to do. However I never imagined it would be like this. Again many thanks to my fellow Talking Pointers and continue to support each other.
Thinking of you..heartbreaking..

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Holding you in my thoughts and wishing you ongoing strength as you face what lies head. May peace be with you.
Loo xxx

crybaby

Jan 8, 2017
Beanie, how brave and kind you all are, to let your OH go peacefully, and may you gain comfort from the reassurance that you just wanted the best for him.

Hugs and loving thoughts to you all
Crybaby