mum crying today?

Onmyown

May 30, 2017
Poor mum was crying today? She was in a mood when i got her up . I made her breakfast then when i went into the room she was sobbing. I asked her whats wrong and she said "im fed up being sick, i just want to die"?

Its very sad and heartbreaking to watch or hear her talk like that. She is on anitdepressants but maybe i should ask doctor to up her dose?

Her moods have been up and down but lately very depressed? I dont know what to say when shes like that ? all i said was well you have diabetes and its bound to make you feel sick.

Feel so sorry for her. And yes a split second i thought yes maybe death would be a release from all this pain. Horrible illness and it just gets worse.

Maybe shes worried as im away next week i dont know. They say vascular dementia there is more depression?

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Don’t know about that, onmyown, OH has mixed, Alzheimer’s and vascular, but didn’t notice anything related to depression. Anybody would get depressed if the had dementia!

Heylowe

Mar 15, 2015
My dad was very depressed when he got his diagnosis of Alzheimers. He is off the anti depressants now as the doctor said they weren't helping now but I still find him crying and asking to die. They are so scared and confused and still - even at the end stage- my dad still knows he is poorly and can't do things he used to. It is a very scary, sad illness.

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
@Onmyown
You could have been with my Mum today. I had exactly the same. Mum too has vascular. I have read that depression is heightened with vascular.
Mum has anti depressants, today they didn’t work.

It breaks your heart doesn’t it - when you have to watch your loved one be tortured and bullied by an illness, that no one can make better.
I’m hoping to be away in a few weeks, I’ve not told Mum yet, just hoping the social can get carers organised in time. Xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
According to the nurses in hospital, my mum cries a lot. She will more than likely deny she does but her eyes are red & crusty. She says they are sore & no wonder as she keeps putting saliva on her fingers & rubbing them. We have told her to stop but it is like she is addicted.
My mum has mixed dementia but mainly vascular.
I would say she is depressed & has been for years. Probably not much point at this stage giving her antidepressants.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
According to the nurses in hospital, my mum cries a lot. She will more than likely deny she does but her eyes are red & crusty. She says they are sore & no wonder as she keeps putting saliva on her fingers & rubbing them. We have told her to stop but it is like she is addicted.
My mum has mixed dementia but mainly vascular.
I would say she is depressed & has been for years. Probably not much point at this stage giving her antidepressants.
You need to get eye drops from her doctor to soothe her eyes. If they are infected then an antibiotic cream might be needed.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
You need to get eye drops from her doctor to soothe her eyes. If they are infected then an antibiotic cream might be needed.
We have asked several times & asked again yesterday. The staff nurse on duty came along to have a look & said she would get a doctor to have a look at my mum. I would say she needs both drops & a cream.

Onmyown

May 30, 2017
why do you have to ask them for eye drops do nurses not notice what we notice. I understand now as ive seen my mums eyes red and crusty but never put it down to crying thought it was just sleep ? ill be more aware now. When my mum is down ill always tell her shes a great mum and no matter what shell never be on her own and not to be scared. This seems to work for awhile but it does cheer her up . I guess the crying is that shes scared and frustrated i have seen her looking for something so i guess shes lost money or something again but dosnt want me to know so this may have triggered that sobbing.
Gosh before mum got this awful illness id heard that "they dont suffer"?? what a load of BS.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
My wife could have had an international vest for crying - she used to cry when she was happy, when she was sad, when she was angry, when she was ........ I'm sure you get the picture!
Now she cries on a daily basis; but always because she is scared as she is only too aware of her Alzheimer's. Her cognitive, memory and language skills have diminished but she remains aware of her illness. I can't even console her by telling her she may eventually become unaware and so more content as I foolishly tried that once and just got "I want to die now, will you do it for me?" as a reply. It is, indeed, a terrible illness but I just try to live one day at a time and make each day as good as possible while reminding her "Sure we're having a great time, don't worry about tomorrow, I'll see you right.". It works until the next tears are shed.:(
I do my crying when she isn't with me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trey0407