Another hospital admission

gene genie

Apr 26, 2017
Warning long post... after my previous post today, thanks to all who replied it is very much appreciated.
As I said in my earlier post mum was exhausted when she came home from 1st daycare visit. Home for 3 hours and she is shivering but sweating breathing loudly raspy, then notice her mouth has slipped, her hands are claw like and I can't open them, also she can't talk properly, looks like a t a, next she was vomiting uncontrollably,
Called the extensive care team, ambulance required,paramedic takes her temp... it's 40.9 still vomiting and by now virtually unconscious.
Admitted to hospital this is 11 times since new years eve that she has been admitted, it's sepsis! this is the 4th time this year she's had sepsis, I really do think know how she pulls through. So I get home 15 mins ago and mum is still waiting for a bed, apart from the physical I'm seriously worried how this will affect the dementia. Will update as and when I can.

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
Warning long post... after my previous post today, thanks to all who replied it is very much appreciated.
As I said in my earlier post mum was exhausted when she came home from 1st daycare visit. Home for 3 hours and she is shivering but sweating breathing loudly raspy, then notice her mouth has slipped, her hands are claw like and I can't open them, also she can't talk properly, looks like a t a, next she was vomiting uncontrollably,
Called the extensive care team, ambulance required,paramedic takes her temp... it's 40.9 still vomiting and by now virtually unconscious.
Admitted to hospital this is 11 times since new years eve that she has been admitted, it's sepsis! this is the 4th time this year she's had sepsis, I really do think know how she pulls through. So I get home 15 mins ago and mum is still waiting for a bed, apart from the physical I'm seriously worried how this will affect the dementia. Will update as and when I can.
I'm so sorry for you both, sending hugs x

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I am sorry to read this. So that is why she was so exhausted when she came home from the centre. Our thoughts are with you all.

mjw1304

Oct 9, 2017
Sending you a big hug. Please try to get some rest, you must take care of yourself too. X

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
So sorry your poor Mum is so Ill, thinking of you both and hope you managed to get some sleep xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch