mind issues

janet m

Oct 2, 2017
My husband has been diagnosed by the doctor with dementia but to me he is fine. we go to Spain for 6 winter months . Can I still do this ?

SnowWhite

Nov 18, 2016
I would say go! Obviously I don't know how old your hubby is but my Mum was diagnosed last year when she was 92 and frail with poor mobility but she was pretty OK. Had she been younger I would have taken her away on holiday without a doubt.

You have to make the most of every chance you get to do things and travel. Have they put your husband on medication. My mum went on it straight away and her decline has not been rapid. We can still chat and have a laugh and she's a bit forgetful but other than that she IS 93 so I guess it's to be expected.

janet m

Oct 2, 2017
I would say go! Obviously I don't know how old your hubby is but my Mum was diagnosed last year when she was 92 and frail with poor mobility but she was pretty OK. Had she been younger I would have taken her away on holiday without a doubt.

You have to make the most of every chance you get to do things and travel. Have they put your husband on medication. My mum went on it straight away and her decline has not been rapid. We can still chat and have a laugh and she's a bit forgetful but other than that she IS 93 so I guess it's to be expected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare