P.o.a.

gene genie

Apr 26, 2017
Probably a silly question but yesterday I received the P.o.a as registered for my mums affairs both health and financial.
My question is do I need to inform her bank, post office for her pension etc, anyone else I need to inform.
Mum currently in hospital again 10 the time this year have given the ward sister a copy of the health one, is there anyone else I need to inform.
Thanks in anticipation.

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Never a silly question on here.:)

If you want to take over any your Mum's accounts you will have to make an appointment with each one and with most they will copy the LPA for you. You will also probably need ID and proof of address but they should be able to tell you what you need.

If the PO is only for her pension then give DWP a ring and see how you can get it moved to one her other accounts so you do not have to deal with so many.

:)

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Probably a silly question but yesterday I received the P.o.a as registered for my mums affairs both health and financial.
My question is do I need to inform her bank, post office for her pension etc, anyone else I need to inform.
Mum currently in hospital again 10 the time this year have given the ward sister a copy of the health one, is there anyone else I need to inform.
Thanks in anticipation.

If your Mum has shares or investments those companies need to know you are dealing with your Mum’s affairs.

thebell

May 31, 2015
Thanks in anticipation.
In my experience the bank took a photo copy to keep on file, as for DSS i went into the local job centre, told them what benefits he was getting, eg state pension,attendance allowance, they also took a copy and forwarded it to the relevent departments for me.

gene genie

Apr 26, 2017
Thanks will go to jobcentre next week when I get a moment, also the bank, mum has no shares or anything like that, but is currently selling her house as she is living with me, the house isn't selling and before this last illness mum was talking about reducing the price, will I be OK to reduce it,?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Take a copy of the POA and show it to the Estate Agent so that they know that they will have to work through you now and talk to them about whether it would be a good idea to reduce the price of the house..
Now that you have POA you have the power to do things for your mum, but also have to do them in your mums best interest. If reducing the price will make it sell quicker this could be the best thing to do, but find out what the estate Agent thinks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch