Lovely warmth!!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I have a severe shoulder problem, and the joint needs to be kept warm, so today in Lidl I treated myself to a heated shoulder wrap. It's a small cape like thing, that sits nicely around your shoulders, and works like an electric blanket. It's really cozy, and I just thought it might be something helpful for someone elderly, or someone with dementia. It switches itself off after 1 1/2 hours.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
I wonder if it is available also here in Italy.There is a Lidl not far away. My husband has a pain in his shoulder and warmth could help, since the painkillers he has been on give him stomach-ache

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I had a heated "throw" for my mum, it kept her warm and meant I didn't have to heat the house like a greenhouse all the time, saved me a fortune.
It was approved to be safe; to be sat on, used in bed and was safe for use with someone who was incontinent, I found it really useful.
K

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I have a severe shoulder problem, and the joint needs to be kept warm, so today in Lidl I treated myself to a heated shoulder wrap. It's a small cape like thing, that sits nicely around your shoulders, and works like an electric blanket. It's really cozy, and I just thought it might be something helpful for someone elderly, or someone with dementia. It switches itself off after 1 1/2 hours.

Ooooh !!!

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire

Sounds perfect, I had a fall on Wednesday and am so sore and stiff across my shoulders and back and down my right side, it would be worth trying. I am doing the memory walk tomorrow just to add insult to injury but will try Lidl on my way home.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Sounds a much safer option than the 'bran pillow'. I made one for my late husband and warmed it in the microwave. I was disturbing him, keeping moving it to re-heat...so I decided to 'cook' it for longer. I sat reading while he was in bed, nearer unconscious than asleep...and I thought I smelled burning. I looked up from my book, couldn't see anything....carried on reading. Then I thought I smelled it again....and looked under the covers. The sheets were black around the bran pillow. I ran downstairs and outside with it, where it burst into flames. Norman slept through the whole thing. Thank goodness I stayed in the room with him!!!

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sounds a much safer option than the 'bran pillow'. I made one for my late husband and warmed it in the microwave. I was disturbing him, keeping moving it to re-heat...so I decided to 'cook' it for longer. I sat reading while he was in bed, nearer unconscious than asleep...and I thought I smelled burning. I looked up from my book, couldn't see anything....carried on reading. Then I thought I smelled it again....and looked under the covers. The sheets were black around the bran pillow. I ran downstairs and outside with it, where it burst into flames. Norman slept through the whole thing. Thank goodness I stayed in the room with him!!!

Yikes!! Glad you were there to deal with it!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I wonder if it is available also here in Italy.There is a Lidl not far away. My husband has a pain in his shoulder and warmth could help, since the painkillers he has been on give him stomach-ache

It's one of the"specials" they have in this week here Margherita. If they haven't got them this week, they may know when they are getting them. It's a Silver Crest Heated Shoulder Pad.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I had a heated "throw" for my mum, it kept her warm and meant I didn't have to heat the house like a greenhouse all the time, saved me a fortune.
It was approved to be safe; to be sat on, used in bed and was safe for use with someone who was incontinent, I found it really useful.
K

I'm thinking this will be useful for when it gets a bit chilly, but not cold enough to turn heating on. It's machine washable too!

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I'm thinking this will be useful for when it gets a bit chilly, but not cold enough to turn heating on. It's machine washable too!
Brilliant idea. Someone sitting always feels the cold more...I hate having the house too hot.