Had enough today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
DNR has been raised with me many times, but I can't sign one. I've had the 'if she becomes seriously ill' conversation with a few of the doctors on mum's ward at the hospital she's in now and I've told them that if she's showing signs of deteriorating then we will have a discussion, but I have no intention of prolonging her life if there's going to be no quality to it. Before all these meds were available people would just die if they were that ill, and I don't want mum being kept alive for the sake of it to endure more suffering.

In a way I sometimes think it would be easier if she did come down with something like that as I could just let her go and then the suffering and stress would be over. I actually don't feel too bad about that. When she hurts, I hurt, a lot.

Very wise words and so true Marnie
I didn't want dad suffering and knew he wouldn't want to.
Plus you can't keep pumping someone with antibiotics and meds

I so hate dementia x

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Mum is about to be moved to another (rehab) ward and they've put her notes by the bed, ready. Just had a nose and saw the DNR form. So they've done it on the basis of the discussion that was had, which seems totally sensible to me.

We are now just waiting for our care agency to confirm when they can start multiple daily visits, then mum will be transported home in an ambulance.

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Marnie I hope this ward move is a positive one for your mum. Xxx

I'm bursting with good news here. The social worker called and mum has a bed in PC. You would not believe the relief and joy I feel, I've a grin on my face mamy feet wide.

The bed is a temporary one in PC and she will be moved as and when a permanent one is available. I can't help but think it's come about because the consultant made a complaint about them removing mum off their waiting list. Anyhows I guess it doesn't matter how it came about, she has a bed, she has a bed, she has a bed. I'm silly excited here, it was feeling like this day would never come! Xxx

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
I'm so, so pleased to read your news, Lavender. It's been a long time coming for you and your mum.

Marnie, I do hope you and your mum get the care hours you need soon to bring her home.

Hugs to the whole bunch of you here. X

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
It must be a day for good news Lavender. So pleased that a place has come up for your mum at last. Do you know when she'll be moving? I wish you all the best for the next step, really hope it works out well.

Mum seems settled on the new ward. There are three other ladies here and all are quiet. One lady crawls on the floor all the time. Poor thing. She's not very old.

Mum had her catheter removed this morning and has since asked for the loo and successfully dealt with both issues on the commode. This means she can still pee after being catheterised and can still feel the need to deal with bladder and BMs. I was warned that the stroke may have killed the sensations, so am really pleased.

The big news is that the care agency owner called me today to say that she feels they cannot support us with multiple carers a day, but she can offer me a live in carer for a two week period to see how mum goes when back home. I have agreed. It will be weird, but at least takes away the worry of what to do when there's only me in the house. The more I think about it, the more I warm to the idea! Just hope I like her. Apparently she is a trained nurse. She won't be arriving until next Monday so mum will come home next Tuesday. Another week at the hospital. But at least we have a plan and a timescale.

I'm just about to leave for home.

Pollytickle

Nov 15, 2015
WhoopWhoop..it' the sound of some relief :D. ( Apologies to the original artist; please don't do me for copywrite infringement :eek: )

Congratulations on the moves...excellent news!

Now. Pass the tequila & stick Blace Lace on the phonogram, turn the volume up to full & let's P A R R R R T E I ! *grabs hold of Jorgie round the waist & declares a Conga through the thread * :p :D :p

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
I'm bringing up the rear PT, glass in hand and definitely ready to party.
Lavender you know how happy I am for you and your Mum, you must feel elated.
Marnie I think that's a great idea having somebody with you who is qualified will just give you the confidence on how to cope with everything. Your Mums done so well hasn't she.

PT I signed a DNR a couple of months ago. My GP came round and explained everything to me and I felt sure it was the right thing to do. I certainly don't want my Mum suffering any more, the thoughts of prolonging this dreadful disease I couldn't see that happen.

Well best go get ready for the party but will not be able to stay out too late PT as I've got to take Mum to singing for the brain tomorrow morning at the fire station.....got to have my weekly dose of eye candy so fingers and everything else crossed that Mum is up to it.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Good news, Lavender! Gosh, I can understand how you could hardly believe it. Been such a long haul for you and your mum!

Also good news about the live in Carer, Marnie. At the risk of being the party-pooper, what happens at the end of the two weeks?

All those conga-ing, please do so quietly! Some of us are in our jammies with cups of tea already!

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Thanks everyone. I'd love to join the conga, but I'm too tired. Seem to have dumped my energy somewhere. I'll find it tomorrow. :D I think I'll have to be in the land of nod pretty soon so have lots of virtual fun everyone, you all deserve it. Xxx

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
WhoopWhoop..it' the sound of some relief :D. ( Apologies to the original artist; please don't do me for copywrite infringement :eek: )

Congratulations on the moves...excellent news!

Now. Pass the tequila & stick Blace Lace on the phonogram, turn the volume up to full & let's P A R R R R T E I ! *grabs hold of Jorgie round the waist & declares a Conga through the thread * :p :D :p

Ha Ha Pollytickle but don't have a waist anymore:eek:
Lovely to have all good news on this thread for a change:D Night all xxx

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
Great news ladies. Given everyone is tired is there any chance Rosy could organise the party for tomorrow at the fire station just a thought!
So pleased for you.
X

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Afternoon all. Hope everyone is okay. We have a light breeze and sunshine here. I'm sure we were meant to have strong winds. Not complaining as it means I can put washing on the line without it disappearing off down the road.

I went to bed around 10.30 last night and was awake around 4 as Henry (my dog) wanted to go out, I read for a bit them went back to sleep. It was 9.30 when I woke, I almost never sleep late, must be the relief of getting mum a placement.

There's nothing quite like a good hardback book for me. I have a kindle, but it's not the same. This may sound absurd, but I don't really like paperbacks. I like books to look tidy, so I read paperbacks only partly opened. I hate creases in spines or creases in covers, they have to look pristeen for me. :D I digress, what I was going to say was I love reading, but over the past few years I've not read much, I'd lost all concentration somehow. Last night I downloaded a book to my kindle and I'm absorbed in it. There's a mountain of housework to be done, but for now the pages of my kindle are far more interesting. X

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
Hi Lavender, made me smile, I'm exactly the same with a paperback, no creases.
Agree too niece you get that book there is no stopping. Enjoy an afternoon on the sofa with book - bliss. X

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Me too re the books! A friend that I used to travel with a lot used to buy a new book and press it out, breaking the spine. I couldn't watch!

Lady A - I agreed to the live in carer as I want to stay with the agency as they are very good, plus it will give me peace of mind for a couple of weeks (even though it'll be odd!). The two weeks will give me a chance to see how mum progresses at home. I think there will be an option to extend or go back to some daily carer visits, once I establish what's needed.

I am so sick and tired of this hospital. We're into week 4 now. I still spend a lot of time here but am now coming in a bit later in the mornings - a lie in is lovely and I miss the traffic.

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
I thought the eccentricity over books was just me. Nice to know isn't it isn't. I agree with you Marnie, breaking a book spine would be alien to me and hard to see. Sacrilege. :D X

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Ha! I am just the same with books! I still remember a new one I lent to my mother in law. I hadn't read it and it came back creased and WITH A COFFEE STAIN ON THE COVER!! I never did read it. I was just too upset!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I'm bursting with good news here. The social worker called and mum has a bed in PC. You would not believe the relief and joy I feel, I've a grin on my face mamy feet wide

Hi Lavender

I missed this, too tired lol. Great news, I'm raising a glass & avoiding the conga or I'd trip you all up :D

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Thank you Sam.

OK so I'll trump everyone with my darkest book secret. I have two copies of all my favourites (three if you include my kindle copy). I have one copy in the bookcase for tidy reading and a best copy stored away unread, just because.... I don't think I've told a soul that one so you'll all have to keep my secret. :eek: xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandzz