Mum’s suffering is over

Tina

May 19, 2006
Dear Cate,

a long journey has come to an end and you have been there every step of the way with mum.

Numbness is the body's way from stopping all the grief washing over you at once...it's a kind of protection and as it wears off little by little, you will be able to face the world without mum again step by step.

But then you won't really be without mum, because, along with your dad and your beloved aunty, she will be keeping an eye out for you, and you will always be surrounded by her love and gratitude and pride.

Wishing you happy memories and comfort in the knowledge that mum is now at peace. My heart goes out to you and yours at this sad time.

With love from Tina x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Cate, I'm so very sorry to hear about your sad loss. You've been a tower of strength towards your mum for so long and at the same time so very kind and helpful here on TP. I want to say thank you to you for your help to me some months ago when I was very depressed. You went out of your way to give me support and I appreciated it greatly.

I feel for you particularly at this time because I know how much you did to make your mum's final journey as comfortable as possible, and how far out of your way you went to give her a 'normal' life. I can remember your posts about your efforts at Christmas and how I gasped that you did so much for your dear mum.
You have always seemed a very warmhearted person: one whom your mum must have been so terribly proud of. She did a good job and so have you! Please take care of yourself, dear Cate and accept most sincere sympathy and hugs.
Love Deborah xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Cate,

My thoughts are with you at this very sad time

Deepest sympathy, love Taffy.

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Cate, I know how you feel, thinking of you. I've not been on for a while. I'm still trying to get things sorted out from my husband's death 5 weeks on. The battle never ends. I am now having some good days but at times something will trigger the bad times. I have found Time and friends are the best healers.

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Dear Cate

So very sorry to hear your news. You have done so much for your mum.

Take care

xx

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Thank You

Thank you all so very much for your kind words of condolences, all the cards and messages I have received are a great comfort.

I was always just a daughter caring for a mum who I love to bits. I do not have the words to describe how much I am going to miss her, but I do take small comfort in knowing that she is now reunited with my dad, and he will now take over looking after the wife he loved so very much, his little Trehafod terrier.

Love
Cate xxx

barbara h

Feb 15, 2008
county durham
Dear Cate

So sorry to hear about your mam. Our mam passed away last night we fully understand what you are going through.

Love
barbara h and susan s

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Cate both Jean and I were saddened to hear your news and we hope that you will take comfort in knowing that you did your best and that you were with her right up to the end.

Rest now, as she is resting. You can do no more.

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Thank you everyone, you have all been so very kind.

Mum will be making her final journey on Wednesday, I have arranged everything just how she wanted, because God love her, she made sure I knew every little detail, and now I thank her for her wisdom in doing that, at the time, all those years ago, it was the last thing I wanted to hear, but I have to say mum knew I would not be capable of any rational thoughts right now the pain is just unbearable.

Tina

May 19, 2006
Dear Cate,

you have done, and will continue to do your mum proud.

Thinking of you and yours as you prepare to lay her to rest. It's such a difficult time and my heart goes out to you. May you find comfort later on in the happy memories and more immediately in the support you will no doubt experience at your mum's funeral.

Caring thoughts and wishes and much love,
Tina xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5