End of life care

Roxyroo

Apr 23, 2017
Dad has been in the nursing home for a week tomorrow. He is being cared for so much more than when he was in hospital. The cut out all the **** that they did wrong basically the short version is that the lack of care he received in the month he was in hospital has drastically reduced his life span. The nursing home have told me he is classed as end of life and they need to talk to me and my brother about an end of life plan. Can somebody tell me what they will need to know etc. My dad no longer has capacity. Am I getting ahead of myself looking into funeral costs. It's breaking my heart but I feel like I need to be organised .

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
There is nothing wrong with being organised. So if it makes you happier then go for it.
As for hospitals verses nursing homes.... the latter is so much better isn't it. The nurses will be wanting to know more about his likes and dislikes, his past history and who will be visiting him. They will go through the end of life plan with you so you have an idea what to expect. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Nothing wrong at all with being organised in advance. My husband died in August 2015. But we had paid for his funeral and headstone in 2011. And when he was on end of life care, in the last days before he died, I went and bought an outfit for the funeral. There was no way I could have gone shopping for that after he had died. Somehow, getting something ready that he would approve of, felt like I was helping him, doing something for him still. If that makes any sense.

Badger8496

Apr 18, 2017
West Lothian, Scotland
Nothing wrong at all with being organised in advance. My husband died in August 2015. But we had paid for his funeral and headstone in 2011. And when he was on end of life care, in the last days before he died, I went and bought an outfit for the funeral. There was no way I could have gone shopping for that after he had died. Somehow, getting something ready that he would approve of, felt like I was helping him, doing something for him still. If that makes any sense.

That is so nice LadyA I feel I know what you mean about going to the shops. It is all so hard and complicated, if you don't keep on top of all of it..Not that it is ever easy.