Fast Track package

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
My husband has now been put on the fast track for NHS funding following a sudden deterioration. Does this mean that financially his full package will be paid for by the NHS? Will he still have to hand over his state pension and small private pension that is currently the case?

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Sorry to hear of the decline, I can't help with the who pays what conumndrum, but hopefully it should only be half of the private pension that is counted, you should be getting the other half.
Better brains than mine should be able to help you with the fiancial workings.x.x.

Foresthill

Mar 5, 2017
Fast track NHS funding

My husband has now been put on the fast track for NHS funding following a sudden deterioration. Does this mean that financially his full package will be paid for by the NHS? Will he still have to hand over his state pension and small private pension that is currently the case?

Hello, My mother has vascular dementia and likewise had a fast deterioration in November 2015. She was fast tracked and placed on fully funded NHS continuing health care at a Nursing home. She doesn't have to pay any of her state pension or private pension to the funding, but has had re-assessments every six months and luckily still met the criteria. She has been in the home for 16 months now. It's possible she might have to change to Local Authority funding at the next assessment, we will have to wait and see. Good luck and best wishes.

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
Hello, My mother has vascular dementia and likewise had a fast deterioration in November 2015. She was fast tracked and placed on fully funded NHS continuing health care at a Nursing home. She doesn't have to pay any of her state pension or private pension to the funding, but has had re-assessments every six months and luckily still met the criteria. She has been in the home for 16 months now. It's possible she might have to change to Local Authority funding at the next assessment, we will have to wait and see. Good luck and best wishes.

Thank you. Even sadder times ahead

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
Sorry to hear of the decline, I can't help with the who pays what conumndrum, but hopefully it should only be half of the private pension that is counted, you should be getting the other half.
Better brains than mine should be able to help you with the fiancial workings.x.x.

Thank you for replying. These are difficult times as it is x

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
He keeps all pensions but loses AA and certain other benefits after 28 days.

The rules are basically the same as being in hospital, any time in hospital will count to the 28 days.

philamillan

Feb 26, 2015
Sorry to hear about your husband.

The fact that he is on a Fast Track suggests that his deterioration represents a terminal phase of the condition. The purpose is to allow decisions regarding preferred place of care to be implemented quickly with full funded support.

There should be no issues regarding his funds as it assumes a short period of support, up to 6 weeks. If there is no change by that time it could be reassessed for CHC funding.

This should be now about making his last days comfortable without you worrying about costs.

Wish you all the best.