Care home advice please....

Princess t

Mar 15, 2016
My mom has been in a care home since beginning of Feb, on the whole she has settled very well. Very mix of people there. But mom seems to be coping remarkably well considering she wasn't going in a home. My question is.......there are three of us (sisters) surprisingly since the care home we are getting on much better...!! What I want to know is how often should we visit.I know it's a personal thing and every one is different. There are no time restrictions, they have activities most days. We were seeing mom all the time when she was at home now it feels strange.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
depends on the individual, and their circumstances. I went 2 or 3 mornings a week, my brother only went at weekend.
I lived close he didn't
He has children I dont

Princess t

Mar 15, 2016
depends on the individual, and their circumstances. I went 2 or 3 mornings a week, my brother only went at weekend.
I lived close he didn't
He has children I dont

Yes I know everyone's different. My sister went to see her yesterday. Mom just wasn't interested...there was a birthday party going on and she wanted to see what was going on!! I'm so happy she's happy, never thought she would be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5