Vacation leave

Gershom

Dec 19, 2015
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
I'm having a vacation leave this coming Christmas holiday for two weeks.I'm worried about my madam because everything she cannot do without me.She is like a baby.If she couldn't see me around for few minutes she will cry and wandering around.Her children decided to send her to a nursing home while I'm not around.She don't want to stay in the nursing home because of the word NURSING,she thought theirs a lot of doctors and nurses there that will give her injections.I told her that she will stay in the condominiums or apartment then she'll ok with that,she knows that im leaving for 2weeks but sometimes suddenly she will cry when she remembered that I'm on leave for few days.Is it ok if i will give letters or photos just to make her feel comfortable while I'm not around.Please any suggestions what to do just to make her feel safe while I'm not around.She always feel scared,worried,depressed,unsafe all the negative behaviors she has.
Thanks a lot.
God Bless...

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello Gershom. What a lovely carer you are.
When you talk to your madam about the leave, dont call it a nursing home if this upsets her. Try telling her that she is going "on holiday" to a nice hotel where the staff will be there to do everything for her and she doesnt need to worry. You are actually describing the nursing home, of course, but if you call it something else she may be happier.
I would also not say much about it, just try to re-assure her that she will be fine and have a lovely time if she asks about it. This may, or may not be true, but just telling her it will help her.
I cant see that giving her the photos will cause problems, but I would only give them to her as she leaves for the nursing home, otherwise she may lose them, or it might make her more anxious.
I do hope that you have a lovely vacation. Try not to worry about your madam too much. I am sure that she would prefer you to look after her, but she will be safe, warm and fed in the nursing home. Then you will be able to look after her again when you get back.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Gershom,I wish all carers were like you! Canary has given some great advice, one thing I would add is maybe to leave the photos are the care home for your madam to see when she gets there, also maybe leave a little letter for her to be given partway through the break (if the carers think it is a good idea), reminding her that you will both be together at home soon.

Gershom

Dec 19, 2015
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Hello Gershom. What a lovely carer you are.
When you talk to your madam about the leave, dont call it a nursing home if this upsets her. Try telling her that she is going "on holiday" to a nice hotel where the staff will be there to do everything for her and she doesnt need to worry. You are actually describing the nursing home, of course, but if you call it something else she may be happier.
I would also not say much about it, just try to re-assure her that she will be fine and have a lovely time if she asks about it. This may, or may not be true, but just telling her it will help her.
I cant see that giving her the photos will cause problems, but I would only give them to her as she leaves for the nursing home, otherwise she may lose them, or it might make her more anxious.
I do hope that you have a lovely vacation. Try not to worry about your madam too much. I am sure that she would prefer you to look after her, but she will be safe, warm and fed in the nursing home. Then you will be able to look after her again when you get back.

Thank you for that wonderful advices,.I will tell that to her.

Gershom

Dec 19, 2015
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Gershom,I wish all carers were like you! Canary has given some great advice, one thing I would add is maybe to leave the photos are the care home for your madam to see when she gets there, also maybe leave a little letter for her to be given partway through the break (if the carers think it is a good idea), reminding her that you will both be together at home soon.
I think can leave some photos and short letter for her when she tantrums can show to her while I'm away.I only need to discuss with staff at the nursing home can show to her if needed only.what do you think?
Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare