Fast track CHC funding

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Good afternoon everyone.

Mum was recently moved from the Mental Health Unit to the local hospital dementia ward, we are fortunate in that the dementia care in this ward is excellent and we are lucky to be able to benefit from that.

Poor mum has gone downhill, nutrition is a problem and at a meeting today we were told that she is "end of life" and will be fast tracked for CHC funding.
It is sad that she has to be moved at all of course, although I fully understand that beds in this particular hospital ward are in high demand.

We shall wait and see what happens next, apparently Marie Curie staff will be involved in her next move to a suitable nursing home.

I wanted to update everyone on TP as you are always so sensible and supportive.
Please send comforting thoughts our way.x
Toddleo

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
You will be comforted to know she is in the best possible place to face what lies ahead. (((((Hugs)))))

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Many thanks Spamar, Cat and Alsoconfused, I really do appreciate your kind words.

Rodelinda

Jun 15, 2015
Suffolk
Very much thinking of you Toddleo. I wish you all the best. I've just been through this and the fast track was indeed very fast (1 working day) and I was reassured both at the speed and the compassion shown by the NHS staff in the hospital. I wish you the very best for your mother and hope that somewhere suitable and caring will be found for her for what the next phase of life.

(Sadly my mother died before she could be moved to a nursing home. She is now at peace and and spared any more suffering.) Take care. Sue

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Very much thinking of you Toddleo. I wish you all the best. I've just been through this and the fast track was indeed very fast (1 working day) and I was reassured both at the speed and the compassion shown by the NHS staff in the hospital. I wish you the very best for your mother and hope that somewhere suitable and caring will be found for her for what the next phase of life.

(Sadly my mother died before she could be moved to a nursing home. She is now at peace and and spared any more suffering.) Take care. Sue

Oh Sue, thank you so much for those kind words. How can I put it in a way that does not sound totally inappropriate, but I do "fantasise" that mum passes before the move, it just seems so much kinder than having to endure a move and all the complications that will undoubtedly arise should she "bounce back" from the bottom line (as her consultant puts it!) I don't in anyway want to detract from your loss though Sue, it must have broken your heart to loose your mum - Oh the stresses and strains of it all.
We have had contact now from the marie curie nurse who is coordinating the CHC fast track and finding an appropriate placement, I have a feeling that it wont be long before she moves now.

Many thanks for your kind words. Toddleo

bumblefeet

Oct 25, 2016
So sorry to hear this, I hope that it works out in the way that you want it to.
Wishing you the very best.

xx