Fear of whats to come.....

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Fears of whats to come ..............

How many times do you see people with dementia going into a world of their own? Some say its like a catatonic trance, some say its them regressing to another time of there life, or reliving past times, all are probably right, but how many say its caused by Fear? How many times have carers looked into the eyes of loved ones and seen fear within there, or have watched loved ones from the corner of their eyes watching them jump at every little noise ?.

This happened to me yesterday and as i was "miles away" as we say, Elaine asked me what i was thinking about it all came out!! It was my fear of sleeping and what the afternoon / night will bring. I sat there, so worried about what would happen when i go to bed that night, or BEFORE!! I was absolutely petrified of the hours approaching and if Elaine and i would get any sleep. I have had two bad nights on the run now and the thought of a third night would send anybody into the depths of despair. No matter how many times people say "try not to worry, or worrying will only make it worse, it makes no difference.

Its not like worrying that you cant sleep but so much worse, its worrying about what horrific visions you will see, what Horrors will befall you and your family in your night terrors or hallucinations,its about knowing that because of your thrashing about, kicking and fighting, odds are someone, one day is going to get hurt, OMG!! this has to be my very deepest fear, and its also knowing that sleeping apart in single beds from the only lady i have ever loved may be growing ever closer.

So whats the answer ? how do you wonderful , incredible carers/ loved ones quell our fears and ease our minds? I really wish i had the answer my dear friends, but this time i dont,(Unless you do ?) but what i did find is by talking about it, during the day, just after Elaine had brought me back to REAL TIME and asked what i was thinking about i felt much better for talking about it.

Just a thought dear friends

Please share

Norrms xxxxxxxxxxxxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am so sorry that you have these fears Norms. I can understand your reasons for worry, but certainly can't imagine the fears. I sure Elaine is a comfort to you. J x

aprilbday

Jan 27, 2016
Washington, DC USA
Are there any medicines out there that would make you less likely to dream?
I never dream ...but when I was placed on anti-depressant-I started dreaming very graphic detailed scenes.
Once I stopped my anti/depressant by my doctor's permission and knowledge, of course, I stopped dreaming. I don't dream anymore and it's fine with me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5