This is it!

Ecognome

Aug 28, 2016
France
I live with a person I care for more than myself!
Those words not lightly said!
She came to me in 2006 looking for help on the internet!
Since then she has suffered major strokes leaving her by French MDA standards 80% disabled!
She asked me for help! Simply because we were internet friends!
I have since fallen in love with this woman/mouse! Today for legal reasons I am finally starting my stand! To get this person their legal rights under EU and UK law!
Watch out UK gov and dept John is standing up for the future of his partner! Not married but very much in love.
We are 64 born on same day! (MADE ON SAME DAY TO BE TOGETHER!)
Anyone who wants to see how a determined man will support the love of his life, watch this Space!
Sorry ***** family your reaction will be posted daily from now on!

Last edited by a moderator:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Good for you John. Will try to follow your progress as you go. Funny, I moved in as C's lodger in 2006 and we seem to have been stuck with each other since. Must have been a good year. :)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You mentioned wills in the weekly chat thread.
I've had experience of how assets are treated in France when my son in law died in France while living in a holiday home.

All his French assets came under French intestacy laws which can override any will made in France or elsewhere.

The situation has changed with the introduction of
https://www.french-property.com/news/tax_france/inheritance_european_succession_certificate/
which leaves a complex choice to be made.

A noddy summary of current state is https://www.french-property.com/guides/france/finance-taxation/inheritance/rights

I try to keep up to date because if, sadly, my daughter predeceases me I will have to pay a tax on the increased value her property with no time given to sell it.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Goodness that sounds so complicated, nitram and John. I hope you both manage to overcome the system.

How lovely that you and your lady were born on the same day, John!! it's good that she has you to fight for her.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ecognome

Aug 28, 2016
France
You mentioned wills in the weekly chat thread.
I've had experience of how assets are treated in France when my son in law died in France while living in a holiday home.

All his French assets came under French intestacy laws which can override any will made in France or elsewhere.

The situation has changed with the introduction of
https://www.french-property.com/news/tax_france/inheritance_european_succession_certificate/
which leaves a complex choice to be made.

A noddy summary of current state is https://www.french-property.com/guides/france/finance-taxation/inheritance/rights

I try to keep up to date because if, sadly, my daughter predeceases me I will have to pay a tax on the increased value her property with no time given to sell it.

What you say about your daughter (I pray she does not predecease you! No parent should bury a child!) Things in your favour! Haigue convention! Property owned by your family comes under that! France does not like it but they signed to it!
J

Ecognome

Aug 28, 2016
France
Goodness that sounds so complicated, nitram and John. I hope you both manage to overcome the system.

How lovely that you and your lady were born on the same day, John!! it's good that she has you to fight for her.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I J never cared about money property or the like! I come from a family you all except in your home daily! The millions made are something I J consider morally wrong! So I walked away!
I gave help to a lady on the internet, I had never met her! I gave my best advice after researching the UK laws! She is now 80% disabled all but blind and her left side does not work properly! SOME DAYS (NOT MANY) I HAVE ANOTHER PERSON carers will know what I mean but most of the time I have my princess trapped in a body that does not do what she asks, the worst is when she has no control and knows it! It's horrible to see some one you lo
love not in control and knowing they are not! The appologies they offer are unnecesary! She cant help what happens! I know this!
It would be better if she did not have the sence to know its happening! But she does!
I will go to bed now the film has finished! She will lay with her head on my shoulder while I read to her! Perhaps an hour she will give way to sleep! We are reading Dick Francis "Shattered" at the moment! I download talking books for her! But she tells me the best talking book is John!
Thanks all!

Last edited:

Ecognome

Aug 28, 2016
France
Wishing you the very best, John. And mind your own health too!

Thanks Lady A
I place J well down the list! S is the priority in life! I was so glad to hear you post about your own health improving! I hope it continues in a positive mode!
J knows his health problems and my limitations! Stress is my enemy and I try hard to cope! I lay awake all last night listening to princess sleep! Some how it comforts me!
Thanks for your thoughts!
J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare