Motability

danonwheels

Apr 13, 2016
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
I have been a Motability customer now since 2007, initially on the car scheme until April this year and now on the powered wheelchair scheme.

I was also a trustee of Disabled Motoring UK for a number of years if that's relevant.

What do you need to know?

Rubylou

Jan 20, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Yes I have for myself rather than for OH who is the one with ALZ

Hi sammyjo , thanks for replying, at the moment it all seems like too easy, are there any catches?? Anything to be cautious of? My honey has alz is and is so switched off from things to sort out etc I just wondered what other people could advise!
Thanks
Rubylou

Rubylou

Jan 20, 2015
Cambridgeshire
I have been a Motability customer now since 2007, initially on the car scheme until April this year and now on the powered wheelchair scheme.

I was also a trustee of Disabled Motoring UK for a number of years if that's relevant.

What do you need to know?

Hi danonwheels ,
, thanks for replying, at the moment it all seems like too easy, are there any catches?? Anything to be cautious of? My honey has alz is and is so switched off from things to sort out etc I just wondered what other people could advise!
Thanks
Rubylou

danonwheels

Apr 13, 2016
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
As long as you're in receipt of higher rate of the mobility component of DLA, or enhanced mobility component of PIP or the one for the armed forces staff (can't remember the name) and the proposed driver lives within 5 miles of the person named as being in receipt of the qualifying benefit and has less than 12 points on their license and no drink-driving convictions, you're good to go.

It's as simple as choose a car, visit the dealer, place the order and show relevant paperwork and then a few weeks later pick up your car.