1. Rubylou

Rubylou Registered User

Jan 20, 2015
    Female
    Cambridgeshire
    Hi can i ask has anyone who gets enhanced rate pip had any experience of using the motability scheme?
    Thank you

2. Sammyjo1

Sammyjo1 Registered User

Jul 8, 2014
    Yes I have for myself rather than for OH who is the one with ALZ

3. danonwheels

danonwheels Registered User

I have been a Motability customer now since 2007, initially on the car scheme until April this year and now on the powered wheelchair scheme.

I was also a trustee of Disabled Motoring UK for a number of years if that's relevant.

What do you need to know?

4. Rubylou

Rubylou Registered User

Jan 20, 2015
    Female
    Cambridgeshire
    Hi sammyjo , thanks for replying, at the moment it all seems like too easy, are there any catches?? Anything to be cautious of? My honey has alz is and is so switched off from things to sort out etc I just wondered what other people could advise!
    Thanks
    Rubylou

5. Rubylou

Rubylou Registered User

Jan 20, 2015
    Female
    Cambridgeshire
    Hi danonwheels ,
    , thanks for replying, at the moment it all seems like too easy, are there any catches?? Anything to be cautious of? My honey has alz is and is so switched off from things to sort out etc I just wondered what other people could advise!
    Thanks
    Rubylou

6. danonwheels

danonwheels Registered User

As long as you're in receipt of higher rate of the mobility component of DLA, or enhanced mobility component of PIP or the one for the armed forces staff (can't remember the name) and the proposed driver lives within 5 miles of the person named as being in receipt of the qualifying benefit and has less than 12 points on their license and no drink-driving convictions, you're good to go.

It's as simple as choose a car, visit the dealer, place the order and show relevant paperwork and then a few weeks later pick up your car.