Anybody-Somebody-Nobody

Jaffy

Oct 24, 2013
Ohio USA
Ordering that TODAY!!!!

I would have gladly settled for it helping 50%! I had no idea it would help that much. I didn't think anything could help me. Hubby was desperate: hard to cope with me at times. I understood that, I couldn't cope with me either! At least he could leave the room! I couldn't leave 'me', at all! Ask your doctor about it, some of the ingredients could affect your meds. Beware- it will loosen your bowels - I never, ever took 3 at one time. I wasn't on anything but ibuprofen, still not. I pray that you will find the relief that I have found; my family is ecstatic!

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I would have gladly settled for it helping 50%! I had no idea it would help that much. I didn't think anything could help me. Hubby was desperate: hard to cope with me at times. I understood that, I couldn't cope with me either! At least he could leave the room! I couldn't leave 'me', at all! Ask your doctor about it, some of the ingredients could affect your meds. Beware- it will loosen your bowels - I never, ever took 3 at one time. I wasn't on anything but ibuprofen, still not. I pray that you will find the relief that I have found; my family is ecstatic!

Jaffy, I am ecstatic for you too - its wonderful. It is not available in UK but interesting that it is a magnesium formulation - something I think is contributory cause for me - hence I bathe in Epsom salts most days as it is absorbed through the skin. Really wonderful news and thanks for sharingxxx:):):)

Jaffy

Oct 24, 2013
Ohio USA
Jaffy, I am ecstatic for you too - its wonderful. It is not available in UK but interesting that it is a magnesium formulation - something I think is contributory cause for me - hence I bathe in Epsom salts most days as it is absorbed through the skin. Really wonderful news and thanks for sharingxxx:):):)

I had always taken calcium and magnesium and yes soaked in it. I believe it is vital. I didn't even know what was in it when I purchased I would have taken about anything! So sorry it isn't available there maybe you can find something similar. I pray so.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Rough day. Please send me any hug you can. Today, I asked myself: "What's my name?"
Wait. I know my name. That is silly. Moments later it came to me. Grrr.
Why am I in this room-what did I want to do? What did I need? Gone. Gone. Gone. Why am I holding this? What would I use this thing for? Have I seen this show before? Don't know. No clue. Did I take my medicine? I only have the question and have no means to move further to discovery. Was it AM or PM -what day is it? Ask myself repeatedly -over and over I find the answer, but it won't stay with me. When I know the answer -what does it really mean because dementia robs you of any reasoning on why you needed to know. Why didn't I remember to use deodorant today-I smell terribly-a rare event......I hope. I paid with the credit card-oh no-that's my laundry card. Sorry. Why did I hand the clerk the receipt that he just gave to me? Did I take my medicine? What? I sent the class for an assembly that's not till tomorrow? My assistants say, "No big deal." I am embarrassed. Are they used to mistakes I am not even aware of? I hope not! Sigh.
Rough. Not usually this bad.
Anybody still working with dementia?
Somebody help me to feel normal, please!
Nobody should forget their own name or go through this.

Sending you loads of virtual hugs.

Aisling

jhoward

Aug 3, 2011
west sussex
Days like this - aprilbday

(another hijacking I'm afraid)
I'm having one of those days today and it's really getting me down. I've been "coping well" so far, given up driving, got a big serious diary, have a clock that has date and day on it, got some help in the house once a week - and so forth.

But oh my, with how I am today,that's just skating the surface, 'moving the deck-chairs on the Titanic' and so forth. Everything seems impossible, confusing and very very hard to cope with.

My son's being staying with me, between homes and jobs, which has been helpful and yet not. I'm better on my own, especially when I feel down. He leaves tomorrow, (new flat and job) which means that if I need to and can afford it I can have a live-in carer here; although maybe I just need someone sensible who comes in during the day.

I've just rung a good friend who was physiotherapist so familiar with this kind of world, and she's coming round to take me out for lunch and have a moan. Thank heavens for understanding friends. Another friend was very patient and effective in helping me 'sort out my affairs'. So as I keep telling myself I have plenty to be thankful for, but myself isn't impressed!

It's a horrible condition, isn't it? Lovely to have this forum to let off steam in - we're in it together in many ways...

Last edited:

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Enjoy your lunch out jhoward and hope it 'shifts' something. I understand the needing to be on your own when not so good but needing input of 'good' care i.e. understanding and helpful people. Help at home a couple of times a week has proved invaluable to me.

Hope you move into an easier time soon
Best wishes
Sue:)

aprilbday

Jan 27, 2016
Washington, DC USA
I think right now may be too soon for a live-in since you feel better alone when you have difficulty. I get it. When you have one of those days-you just want to not have to answer any questions and be allowed to work through it. Hold on. Will be ok.