The End

Elizabeth92

Apr 5, 2016
Hi all, just wanted to offer love and support to all you beautiful people going through this awful horrid illness. TP has been a lifeline for me.

My wonderful Nan came to the end of her journey today. My heart is broken and I feel numb - But finding comfort in knowing she has finally been released.

Thank you to everyone for their advice and kind words. We truly never know how strong we are until being strong is the only option.

Sending love to everyone xxx

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Elizabeth,so sorry for your loss and pray that in the days ahead you find strength and courage for your nan's final journey, hoping that the warm memories you have about nan,before she got ill, will help you and give you a smile and remember she will always be watching over you.
Chris x

Elizabeth92

Apr 5, 2016
Thank you. This is my first experience of loss, I don't really know how to feel right now. I'm so glad she is free from alzheimers at last and reflecting on the good times with family members is helping a lot.

Beth xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read your news Elizabeth. Sending my cndlences and wishing you strength.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
My condolences Elizabeth. Even though you feel relief that your Nan is no longer suffering, it is so hard to come to terms with losing her. Be kind to yourself, there is no right or wrong way to grieve and no timescale either so you will go through a whole range of emotions in the days and weeks ahead. Take care and keep posting if you feel able to x

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Take care of yourself and your family in the days to come, as the raw grief begins to fade the wonderful memories will return and they will stay with you all forever xx

Gwendy1

Feb 9, 2016
Glasgow
Oh Beth, so sorry for your loss. You were an angel throughout your nan's final days- that was so clear in your posts, your love for her shone in your words. I wish you and your family more strength for the days ahead. And peace. Love G X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
So Sorry Elizabeth for your sad loss. My thoughts are with you and think of the lovely memories you and your gran shared. Peace at last god bless.xx

Elizabeth92

Apr 5, 2016
Thank You x

Thank you all so very much. Every user on here is an angel, this illness is so cruel and many would fall where you have fought on with and for your loved ones.

It has been such a long hard ride these last few years but she was such a huge part of our lives that it seems unreal that that's it now. It was a sleepless night and a very long day but only now as i finally sit here alone do i feel i can have a good cry.

I am happy she is at peace and watching her suffer was so awful for everyone. But still there's that part of me that hates that she's gone. So many visits spent saying 'one more sip' or begging her to take one more spoonful of pureed food. Like we have an inbuilt thinking that if you can get them to take some then they will continue on forever.

My family is very sad but luckily they all came together as strength for eachother despite any underlying rifts.

I don't know what to do with myself, usually spend my time researching new alzheimers issues but now i just feel lost and empty. Needless to say my mother is in bits over the loss of her mum. Atleast we all have eachother.

Thank you all again,

Beth xx

jasmineflower

Aug 27, 2012
Condolences. Hope you're coping. You've trodden a hard path over the past months and gave your grandmother all the love and support that you could xxx

LeedsLass

Oct 13, 2014
Essex
Bless you all, hope you can find some peace now her journey has come to an end. Wishing you strength for the days ahead X

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Elizabeth92

Apr 5, 2016
Thank you, I'm still feeling numb. This week haa been difficult watching my mum deal with all the dreaded business that has to be dealt with so quickly after someone passes.

The funeral is looming and i haven't really cried. Is this normal for grief? It hasn't sunk in yet.

Thank you for your kind wishes <3 xxxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bebb