slight problem

sford91

Nov 4, 2015
When mum was first diagnosed with Frontal Lobe Dementia we had a big discussion about a getting her a dog, as we figured this gives her a companion something to focus on and look after. Some structure to her daily leaving. Now 6 months on she is all settled into her new house and is asking daily if we can look into getting her a dog, now both my sister and I feel it is not an option any more due to her decline, all be it not massive and she is still okay to stay at home etc doesn't need carers yet... but we feel a dog would be too much for her and she often forgets to shut the front door if she got out she would be heart broken.

What I am asking is does anybody know of any websites/ options that would be available to mum to maybe meet somebody to walk a dog or have somebody come to the house with a dog she could walk with them? Or any charities that might do a befriending service that have dogs? Mum isn't interested in any other animals realy other than her fish!

Thanks in advance

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
Is there a local dog training club with trustworthy dog owners (and dogs) who'd be happy to visit and / or share walks?

Some owners have puppies or adult dogs that are a bit shy and need their confidence boosting. Some owners find walks a bit boring without a human companion!

sford91

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies, I think we are going to look into fostering and older dog / adopting. Do you think the would discriminate against mum because of her FLD I don't mean that in an awful way as I know there priority is the dogs but currently mum is in a position to have the dog

Thanks

malc

Aug 15, 2012
north east lincolnshire
i think they would be grateful to have a loving home for an older dog,the one that gets left behind as it were,you'd be there to help anyway,so shouldn't be a problem.