In need of a virtual hug

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Oh dear Jenny, first your wee cat and now your mum's low blood pressure on top of worries about IVF. No wonder you are feeling a bit impatient and stressed. If you can get out for a walk tomorrow it may help. I will just send you cyber strength and virtual hugs.

Thinking of Heidi too.

Thank you! Much appreciated xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Jenny . Im sorry to hear your mums assessment was cancelled . Do you have another date? It is such a pity your mum won't agree to people coming to her house to visit ? Do you think she will agree even to a 2 week trial to see how she feels . With any luck she will enjoy people coming to see her , even for a short while and leaving s nice meal for her . Forgive me if we have already discussed this but would she not attend a day centre . My mums centre provides a befriending service also which is very popular . I hope your mum feels better . Take care of yourself and let us know how you get on . Lou X

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi rob . Thank you for your post . My mum was a bit more settled today, though her carer said she was a bit agitated when she came home from her day centre . She seemed fine when I came home and we had our usual chat about the day and she went off to bed . Fingers crossed she sleeps through the night . I hope you and your OH are keeping well . Best wishes to you both . Lou X

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi shedrech , you are most welcome . Your mums anniversary would have made you sad , hopefully your spirits have lifted a bit as you zoom about in your new car . I have gave my mum a hug from you - thank you. Will your dad be able to get out in your new car ? Take care of yourself and I hope your dad keeps well and continues to be quite settled . Best wishes . Lou X

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hello gill . I'm sorry to hear that things haven't improved much and now you have extra worry with your son . We never seem to have just one issue to deal with . My mum is a bit more settled , thank you . As you know our precious PWD have these episodes and we just have to do our best to ride the storm but I do get tired as I'm sure you do too . I hope you feel better soon , that type of pain is awful . Hope the painkillers help . Take care of yourself - best wishes , Lou X

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hello gill . I'm sorry to hear that things haven't improved much and now you have extra worry with your son . We never seem to have just one issue to deal with . My mum is a bit more settled , thank you . As you know our precious PWD have these episodes and we just have to do our best to ride the storm but I do get tired as I'm sure you do too . I hope you feel better soon , that type of pain is awful . Hope the painkillers help . Take care of yourself - best wishes , Lou X

Hello Lou glad that your mum is a bit more settled, you must find time to rest now too now that the storm is easing xx
It never cesses to amaze me ...as everyone one on here each have a multitude of their own problems but they always have the strength to support others
My thanks to rob,Jackie and everyone for bobbing on with their continued support xx
Dad is much the same...his night time behavior log is not good Reading ...getting out of bed constantly, shouting, talking to himself etc... Didn't get the photo today he was too sleepy I will try tomorrow... Haven't had chance to go to the doctor yet and don't think I will this week so I am making do with ibuprofen
Heidi I really hope that today has gone well for you,please update us when you feel you can,we have all been thinking of you today
Well goodnight friends hope your night is a peaceful one xxx
Maybe one day in the future when we all don't have problems we could all meet up somewhere... Does that sound like a good idea ??? or am I being too optimistic xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hello Lou glad that your mum is a bit more settled, you must find time to rest now too now that the storm is easing xx
It never cesses to amaze me ...as everyone one on here each have a multitude of their own problems but they always have the strength to support others
My thanks to rob,Jackie and everyone for bobbing on with their continued support xx
Dad is much the same...his night time behavior log is not good Reading ...getting out of bed constantly, shouting, talking to himself etc... Didn't get the photo today he was too sleepy I will try tomorrow... Haven't had chance to go to the doctor yet and don't think I will this week so I am making do with ibuprofen
Heidi I really hope that today has gone well for you,please update us when you feel you can,we have all been thinking of you today
Well goodnight friends hope your night is a peaceful one xxx
Maybe one day in the future when we all don't have problems we could all meet up somewhere... Does that sound like a good idea ??? or am I being too optimistic xxx

That can't be good, Gill. You need to get to a doctor soon. We should all get together somewhere, my money is on chinese salt and chilli prawns or pizza. :)

All the best to everyone for a better day. Rob

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi exhausted 2015
hope you had a decent night's rest, and the ibuprofen helps - your dad too, though sounds as though his nights are unsettled; so hard
dad had a lovely visit with his friend - I got grumpy face but as soon as I said his friend's name he was beaming - the carers saw him so happy too and we all had a teary moment - sadly he's also sundowning quite badly, later he was very distressed wanting to go home and saying he felt awful so the senior gave him a prn and I'm afraid I sneaked away - the change in hour and light in the evenings are upsetting him, I think, which links back to this being the time of year which brought on his wandering last year - just got to keep on keeping on
so Rob, to answer your question from the other thread, life is up and down; but there was real joy for dad yesterday, and I enjoyed a drive in my new car - I hope you both had a moment to savour
Heidi, I was thinking of you; I'm sure you all did your lovely dad proud; I hope there were smiles and laughter among the tears, and the warm memories are prevailing

Gill, funny to think we may meet in actuality - this virtual world feels very real in its different way - you beat me to it Rob - tasty

good day to all :)

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
It's these little happy moments though Shedrech, so nice that your dad had a visit from a friend. Enjoy your gallivanting in your new car when you get the chance.

Off out for pizza with OH's daughter which she always enjoys after a bit of cajoling.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi exhausted 2015
hope you had a decent night's rest, and the ibuprofen helps - your dad too, though sounds as though his nights are unsettled; so hard
dad had a lovely visit with his friend - I got grumpy face but as soon as I said his friend's name he was beaming - the carers saw him so happy too and we all had a teary moment - sadly he's also sundowning quite badly, later he was very distressed wanting to go home and saying he felt awful so the senior gave him a prn and I'm afraid I sneaked away - the change in hour and light in the evenings are upsetting him, I think, which links back to this being the time of year which brought on his wandering last year - just got to keep on keeping on
so Rob, to answer your question from the other thread, life is up and down; but there was real joy for dad yesterday, and I enjoyed a drive in my new car - I hope you both had a moment to savour
Heidi, I was thinking of you; I'm sure you all did your lovely dad proud; I hope there were smiles and laughter among the tears, and the warm memories are prevailing

Gill, funny to think we may meet in actuality - this virtual world feels very real in its different way - you beat me to it Rob - tasty

good day to all :)

Oh Jackie, I wish I could say that the sundowning will get easier but we both know that it doesn't, we just have to make the most of the slightly better times ,I am pleased that your dads old friend went to see him...one of those better moments wasn't it xxx
I have to agree that our virtual world feels very real,I know the support is xxx
are you up for salt and chilli prawns too lol xxx
It would be nice to think that one day we could all get together
going to go now got two emotional days ahead ..tomorrow got a meeting with sw about dad...I know there will be tears again...Thursday I have my sil,s funeral
Goodnight all xxxx sleep well if you can xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Oh Jackie, I wish I could say that the sundowning will get easier but we both know that it doesn't, we just have to make the most of the slightly better times ,I am pleased that your dads old friend went to see him...one of those better moments wasn't it xxx
I have to agree that our virtual world feels very real,I know the support is xxx
going to go now got two emotional days ahead ..tomorrow got a meeting with sw about dad...I know there will be tears again...Thursday I have my sil,s funeral

Just wanted to wish you well for the next couple of days Gill.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire

Will be thinking of you, Gill xxx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi exhausted 2015
Thanks for your kind thoughts Gill
I'm just off to bed but wanted to say
I hope the meeting with the SW was of value and not too much for you
and that your dad has a decent night
and
I hope your SIL's funeral will be as you all want it to be - that you manage to share some warm memories of her and find some comfort to see you through

every best wish
Jackie

cat64

Sep 1, 2014
Just wanted you all to know that even if im not writing I am reading what is still happening in your lives.............

I will probably get all your names confused but..

Jill hope the social worker meeting went smoothly and your sils funeral went as well as these things can. Be kind to yourself.

Jenny .hope your neck is ok and you are coping without your little moggy.

Exhausted your nights sound literally exhausting. take a day at a time.

And now my elderly menapausal brain is getting right confused! sorry!!!

mega hugs to you all I think I'm muddling nick names with real ones x

Ive just had a few days away in Newcastle with hubby and teenage son .hubby is history mad so kept him very happy!

isnt life one big juggling act?......I feel like Im sorting everyone, home, kids, 5 cats, husband, mums care/care home/start the ball rolling with clearing her home/selling it...,,,,then I'm a childminder and there is so much to sort to keep ofsted happy!

My mum has just asked me if she's ever going home....its week 3 in her care home! I just said well you are safer and warm aren't you mum with lots more people to talk to... and she just looked very sad. the guilt is horrific isnt it?!!

take care everyone.......we all need to have a virtual strong coffee together!;)

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening Cat.

I know how you feel, some days I can't even remember my own name. :) Hope your mum settles down soon, do they have any kind of activities like bingo or singing that might help her make some friends?

A virtual coffee or even a pizza and a beer would be lovely.

Evening Gill. Hope you had a successful SW visit and are feeling ok after your SIL funeral.

All the best everyone. Rob:)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening Cat.

I know how you feel, some days I can't even remember my own name. :) Hope your mum settles down soon, do they have any kind of activities like bingo or singing that might help her make some friends?

A virtual coffee or even a pizza and a beer would be lovely.

Evening Gill. Hope you had a successful SW visit and are feeling ok after your SIL funeral.

All the best everyone. Rob:)

Evening all, and cat it is the same for me I am reading all the posts because even though I am writing much I do still like to keep up to date with all,I hope that your mum will settle soon xxx
Rob a beer or a glass of wine would be lovely xxx hope you and oh areruling

Had an emotional day today but I think the tears came again for my dad as well as for my sil but I'm OK now and just about to pour myself a glass of wine
The service was lovely and my brother did extremely well holding it together
Met with sw yesterday she seemed very helpful, she told me that dad would need residential dementia care rather than a nursing home I am now waiting for a list from her for suitable homes with available beds once I have the list I have just 5 days to choose the right one for dad which does not give me very long but it is the hospital trusts ruling
Well I am going to pour myself that glass of wine now
Best wishes to you all , goodnight xxxx
Sorry for just a short post I feel drained tonight xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Gill , just sending you a hug today to let you know I was thinking of you and your sister in law . It's so sad but I hope the day went as well as it could have . Hope your dad is a bit more settled ? How did you get on with sw?

Hi rob - how are you ? I hope your OH is doing ok ? Did you get sorted with the podiatrist ? I do hope the both of you are keeping well and getting out a bit . Do you get any time to yourself , to recharge your batteries ?

Hi shedrech , hope you and your dad ok? It was nice of his friend to visit him . As my mums dementia worsened people stopped visiting us and I remember my cousin asking me to get my mum to stop phoning her as she couldn't make my mum out . I have to say that upset me ( though I didn't say much ) . I just thought my poor wee mum would dial her number very carefully , looking at the number with such concentration do so as not to make a mistake . I thought that was so good that she still wanted to speak to her niece . It was only every Wednesday at lunchtime - she used to phone her sister ( her neices mum) until she died , so my mum just wanted to carry on the tradition of having a chat . The only thing is because of my mums stroke she wasn't too good at talking but she could listen . Unfortunately my cousin didn't have the patience with her so I put my mum off phoning her until she just forgot to do it . Very sad.

Hi Jenny , how are you doing ? How's your mum? Is she eating any better . Do you have another date for the assessment ?

Hi cat64. Sounds like you had a good break with the family .

Hi heidi . Not sure if you will come back on this thread but if you do I hope your doing ok ?

Things okay with my mum and I . Had a bit of a fall out with sister . She accidently cut my mums leg when getting her out of her car . She became very angry at me for wanting to use a particular irrigation fluid that I normally use at work to cleanse and promote healing . She didn't think it was good , threw the dressings box down and stormed out of my house. I didn't go after her as I wanted to look after my mum but I sent her a wee hello text the next day and have received no reply . I absolutely hate falling out with anyone and always make the same move even if it's not my fault but I always believe someone has to make the same move . I'm not sure what I have done wrong but I'm sure it will be something . By the way , the solution worked a treat and the cut is lolling clean and healthy and should heal well . Families , who needs them ?!

Best wishes everyone , take care . Lou X