Donepezil

jenniewren

Jun 29, 2015
Hi there, my Grandmother has been taking Donepezil for just under two weeks now and has felt 'odd' ever since she started the medication. She is almost more confused but then quite lucid. Family members can ring to speak to her within the same hour and get a very different impression of how her day is going. Up until now she hasn't acknowledged her diagnosis but over the weekend has mentioned it on a few occasions and describes her memory as 75% gone. Could the medication be helping improve her memory but in turn making her very anxious about the reality of her situation?:confused:

Tilly Mac

Jun 29, 2015
Hi there, my Grandmother has been taking Donepezil for just under two weeks now and has felt 'odd' ever since she started the medication. She is almost more confused but then quite lucid. Family members can ring to speak to her within the same hour and get a very different impression of how her day is going. Up until now she hasn't acknowledged her diagnosis but over the weekend has mentioned it on a few occasions and describes her memory as 75% gone. Could the medication be helping improve her memory but in turn making her very anxious about the reality of her situation?:confused:

Hi my friend Betty takes that medication and has been on it for 2 years, she is on 10 mg at first She was a on 5mg and I was told of the side effects it could cause her to have nightmares and be a bit disorientated , thankfully it never happened, so I think you should talk to her doctor and he will tell you if it is a side effect of the donepezil or not and may prescribe some thing different, I have found the tablet has helped her, but now I find her memory getting shorter and she is not looking after her self like she use to, which is very upsetting to me as she was always very clean and so was her home, I no it's part of her dementia but it's very hard to see, she is a very stubborn lady and will not let me help so all I can do is count to ten and take a deep breath. I hope your grand mother gets the help she needs just have patients but please at the end of the day it's more frighting to her not being able to understand what's happening and not remembering what somebody said a couple of minuets ago take care hope all goes well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandzz