The Invisibles

Lisa74

May 27, 2011
Our invisibles

My Gran has lived with my family (in my parents' house) and with dementia for 9 years. She is aggressive, has continence issues- lots of pooey tenna pants, delusions and sleepless nights.

Of her other 3 children one visits up to twice a year, the other two visit once a year or once every 2 years but had a patch of not visiting for 3/4 years.When they do come they complain about their stressful work lives- my parents both work and then get home and work and look after my Gran and then get no sleep and then carry on the next day.

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
But how they all turn up when they think there's money left after someone has passed away.

And if they are anything like my invisibles (one who hasn't visited for over 20 years and didn't attend the funeral) continually harass during the probate period to find out how long it will take and when will they know how much money they will get - even to the point of telling the executor that they are not to pay any estate debts unless the payment has been approved by them.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
One invisible will be here tomorrow be interesting how he sees things. Hope get back in time to see if his myopia clears a little after a few hours alone with his mum.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Can't honestly refer to mine as Invisibles, but they do tend to disappear when I want something, this usually happens just after I have emailed them with a request and suddenly I hear nothing, when I eventually reach them over the phone, they claim to have not received said email!!!!

Summerheather

Feb 22, 2015
Oh, oh, my invisible likes to visit every 6 weeks for 30 minutes (he only lives about 5 miles away) and tells me how tired he is - and how busy, he's on the sick and has been forever. I work full time and my mum lives with me. He hasn't taken her out once she she's moved in with me which has been about 5/6 yrs.

I am especially in seventh heavens when he advises me how to care, or when he brings his Mrs and Mum calls them by the wrong names and you can see him signing internally and taking it personally when she can't remember who the hell he is.

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Can't honestly refer to mine as Invisibles, but they do tend to disappear when I want something, this usually happens just after I have emailed them with a request and suddenly I hear nothing, when I eventually reach them over the phone, they claim to have not received said email!!!!

Tin do you know how to send an email with a read recipt on it?
That way when they open the email, you get an email back to say that they have read it ( or opened it at least)

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Tin do you know how to send an email with a read recipt on it?
That way when they open the email, you get an email back to say that they have read it ( or opened it at least)

Yes, but don't use it, I know what's going on and it amuses me that they claim to have very busy lives and not very understanding bosses. Actually I'm happy that they are not visiting every week, its too stressful when they are here.