The end of a short sad journey x

blandford516

May 16, 2012
Hi All ,
I am going to sign off here . I would like to thank you all for your support and advise . I have tried my best to advise others and do my best to support others in their journey . I wish you all the very best and hope you all turn to TP for advise as they have all been so helpful to myself . I could not have ended this journey without you all xx

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hi All ,
I am going to sign off here . I would like to thank you all for your support and advise . I have tried my best to advise others and do my best to support others in their journey . I wish you all the very best and hope you all turn to TP for advise as they have all been so helpful to myself . I could not have ended this journey without you all xx

I respect your decision to sign off, but please reconsider so we can all still offer you support as you have given to others.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry you've decided to go but please remember TP will always be here for you if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I'm so sorry you've lost your mum but hope her peaceful passing and release from the awful chains of this disease bring some small comfort.

I lost my dad August last year and found reading about the pain and struggles here were too hard after he passed. I had to have a break, I called it my respite, we all face our future in our own way. After some months I dropped in to see how the people who had supported me so lovingly were faring. It still upset me so I'd stop again.

I'm now drawn back to catch up and feel better able to deal with reading people's situations. I hope you have a gentle time as you cope with this grieving and that you know the door of TP is never closed. Take care.

Stephanie, xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you for letting us know blandford. It helps so much when people sign off rather than just disappear.

Please remember TP will still be here for you should you need propping up.

Cloverland

Jun 9, 2014
Hi All ,

Sorry to see you sign off but as others have said you have a wealth of information and experience to offer old(ies) and Newbies.

Take care :)

blandford516

May 16, 2012
Hi All ,

I thought I would let you know that mums funeral yesterday went well no invisible's turning up and causing trouble . I feel calm today slept like a log first time in two years and ready to start a new chapter in my life. Although I was ok until I went Christmas shopping today .There were butterfly jumpers, cards ,tops in fact butterflies every where . Went to the card stall Christmas Cards ' happy Christmas to my wonderful mum' and the bunches of flowers . Mum always had fresh flowers in her room . I miss her but I certainly do not want to watch the total suffering she endured the past year . Funny enough the 'invisible's' want to contest her will etc etc we were very tempted to play Abba 'Money Money Money' at the funeral . As far as my sister and myself are concerned they never asked how mum was never visited so are certainty not worthy of anything . I am doing ok seeing light at the end of a very dark tunnel and feeling rested and more relaxed than ever . I know my mum had the best care and was loved by many . We did our very best and that is all that matters . There will always be memories and reminders but my life starts again refreshed knowing the fact that my sister and myself done our upmost best . So I say goodnight mum and I know you will find the peace and contentment you so deserve x

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
So glad the funeral went well.

Yes. There is safety in your conscience when you know you did the VERY best that could be done, when you went the extra mile.
My sister and I feel the same. It makes the grief a lot easier to bear doesn't it?
Though it doesn't soften the ache of missing them.

My brothers are struggling with their consciences now.
Now they have the space to display it without the need for any actual hands-on stuff.

Too blooming late dot co dot UK.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling positive about things, I think I feel that way too. It's such a relief for the dreadful struggle to be over yet tinged with incredible sadness that they're gone from our lives.

I hope your invisibles don't cause too much trouble but I'm sure you will be strong enough to fight that battle, you've already fought a harder, more testing battle and came away with your head held high.

Good luck with it all, forward with the rest of your life, it's what your Mum would want.
Soon be Spring, there'll be lots of Butterflies fluttering around and I hope you smile and say 'Here's Mum!' :) x

blandford516

May 16, 2012
Thanks Garnuft,

I like the bit about too late .com stuff . Hopefully I will get stronger in the next few weeks . I would like to return to TP and perhaps try and advise others in the future . I would also like to visit people in a care home with dementia who have no visitors and believe me there are many and just sit and talk to them . If I can help others I would really enjoy that , but need a few weeks to get over loosing both parents and also my brothers who have been absolutely useless . I have no family left only my sister and I ,but I think this has been a huge learning curve for me and would love to give something back . Thinking of you all who are going through it . x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm glad your Mum's funeral went as ok as possible. A very sad time for you, but you behaved with compassion and ensured your Mum's dignity to the end. That is worth more than a pot of gold.

Forget the invisibles. Try not to even let them get on your radar-they don't deserve to be in your thoughts.

Your Mum has now spread her wings-just like a beautiful, colourful butterfly.

Love

Lyn T XX

halojones

May 7, 2014
Dear blandford, I am pleased your mums funeral went okay, and now its time for you to recover and get a bit of lightness back into your life..You have been a wonderful part of TP and have definetly helped me..(and others)....You looked after both your parents under the most difficult circumstances and you can be proud of yourselves, you did your best and that is what matters....Its so good of you to still be thinking of others, and like you, I hope I can go on helping others in the future...Take a good long break, take time out for you, because no doubt you will still have a lot of mixed emotions, heal yourself, you are a very special person and deserve some happiness....I will miss you....Enjoy your Xmas, and I hope you can start to enjoy the good memories of your mum and dad...Lots of love Valerie xxx

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
I am glad the funeral went well. My sister did attend Mum's funeral after being estranged from her for years but I got five solicitor's letters from her lawyer before the estate was settled, typical of her. Since then no thanks for all I did. but I like her silence better than her presence. Good luck with those contesting of the will. I split Mum's estate with my sister as per the original will (1971). I could have contested it as i looked after Mum alone but too much trouble. And this way no complaints (well so far so good).