Forward Ho!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Weather here has turned quite cold. Wishing I could put my thermal vests on! Alas, they go over my head, so can't wear them for another three weeks or so. Brrr! At least I can wear my fleece lined Winter trousers!

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
They sound cosy, if not as elegant as your room. Colder here today too but hopefully a bit of a respite from all the rain. Shouldn't complain, could be like the snow is the USA.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Your room looks brill, it must be so frustrating not being able to put the finishing touches, although, as Lyn pointed out, you've obviously been finding ways round the restrictions! Do take care it would be even more frustrating to delay your healing by overdoing it now. xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Your room looks brill, it must be so frustrating not being able to put the finishing touches, although, as Lyn pointed out, you've obviously been finding ways round the restrictions! Do take care it would be even more frustrating to delay your healing by overdoing it now. xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Yes, I know - so I am determined not to overdo it at this point! I'm back to work today. Light work only, as per surgeon's instructions. No lifting, no energetic scrubbing etc. etc.

One interesting thing I've noticed about myself since the surgery is that I'm taking more of an interest in myself. Not bothering with makeup as yet, and clothing is restricted too - but I've been giving myself manicures, and making sure my nails were polished, which I've not done since I was in my 20s!!

Feeling pretty good this morning, but I think I might take an ibuprofen before going to work as a precaution.

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Just catching up! Delighted you are feeling so good LadyA and hope you really do behave yourself at work. We have our spies you know! Nice try with avoiding the implied admonishments by pretending we were commenting on your bits and pieces, their placement etc! Very clever! Pulled, pushed and stretched are not words I want to see in your posts for quite a little while, if you don't mind. Have a lovely day and REST when you get home please, however bouncy you feel. Small steps. X Love Shelagh:)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Hope Prudence has gone to work with you - she sounds like just the soulmate you need.

She did - and a right pain in the a*** she is too!:D I have been very good. The lady I work with was very solicitous of my wellbeing! "Are you sure you are able to sweep the floor?" etc. But I would have hated to leave it any longer - I don't think anyone has lifted a finger there since I was there last! The woman herself does her best, but she has so many health problems she can't do much. She does however have a husband and two adult sons living with her, and frankly, she'd be better if she didn't I sometimes think! They create a lot of the mess and dirt, and do nothing to help.

And actually - I said on Saturday I felt there had been a "sea change" for the better, and I think I was right. I felt much better yesterday, and even better today! I think a lot of the swelling is going down, and I've been in way less pain all day! Hurray! Forward Ho! indeed! :)

Son-in-law's "henchmen" have been here part of today starting on the heavy garden clearing that needs to be done. The hedge cutting (and there's a LOT of hedges!) But they got called away to an emergency with one of his customers - he had a gas leak and had his gas turned off, but needed a trench dug urgently. They will be back tomorrow. So far they have cut a lot of hazel that was let grow to tree height, a bay that was let grow to tree height - so now the apple trees behind them will get more light and air, and so won't have to lean way over seeking light! :) Plus - I'll be able to get the apples, they won't be stuck, mangled through the bay! They have also cut back the hedge at the front of the house by the road.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Glad you are beginning to feel much more normal - if that's the right word!!!!

Sent from my GT-N5110

It's not the right word - I hope! :D But it will do!:D:D
It's quite cold again tonight! I have had scrambled eggs on toast for tea, and think I will snuggle down with a dvd and have an early night. No more pottering about until the wee small hours for me! I'm dead on my feet by about 10.30 these days - lingering anaesthetic? Who knows! Perhaps it's a case of the less you do, the less you are able for! I haven't yet lit my stove again - I've been using the oil boiler for heat. Maybe tomorrow.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I could just cry with frustration. And I know that these days, with William so well cared for and so content (relatively) in the nursing home, I have nothing to complain about, compared to some of you, still in the thick of trying to cope alone. I'm just fed up this evening.
The other cat is now sick! He is prone to horrible bouts of diarrhoea, usually they clear up quickly. Now he's had it off and on for a few days. And he's obviously in pain at times with it. Between bouts, he's ok. Sleeps for hours. And I can't take him to the vet cos once I get him in his carrier, I can't lift the combined weight. Picking up some "vet's guesswork " meds tomorrow, and meanwhile giving him some acidophilus tonight.

I lit my stove today cos it was pretty cold. I only carried one log at a time. There was a bit more reaching than I thought involved though - the stove is like a cave inside! and now I'm a bit sore. And I'm sick of people telling me about someone they knew/heard about who had this surgery and was only in pain "for a week or so and then was fine. " Much as I am assured by the medics that my experience is exactly as expected for this surgery and I'm healing very well, those stories still make me feel I should be making more of an effort! Someone even suggested that maybe it's just that my pain threshold is quite low! Em, don't think so - I suffered major migraines for years so I think my pain threshold is well exercised! I think though that I don't have a lot of patience with being in pain, and with not being able to do stuff.
Totes fed up!!

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Aw sorry LadyA. Just caught up with this one. Tough for you as you never let the grass grow under your feet, but you have done so well - and who cares about all those others, they don't matter - so you must please be careful and not make yourself sore again. Poor old cat. They are such resilient creatures and he must feel really sorry for himself. Your animals need you, so stay strong, be good and time will pass and you will be like a spring lamb again, with the strength of an ox. Now, if the promise of that doesn't make you behave, I am at a bit of loss what to suggest. Ropes perhaps :D. Buck up my dear, not long now. X Love Shelagh:)

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Following Shelagh in what seems to have become a habit but she is so wise. You are bound to get frustrated during the healing process. It was a major op and whileYOU are feeling better, your body is still telling you it needs more time. Ignore ignorant people who haven't got a clue. Everyone heals at a different rate and YOU are doing brilliantly. Sorry to hear about puss no, 3. Has obviously decided it's his turn for attention. Hope he's better soon. Had a brilliant??!! idea overnight. Am going to contact the branch of the Cat's Protection League which had Katie and find out what their vet did to cure her of her original overgrooming as her fur had nearly grown back when she came to me and I think it was the stress of yet another move that set her off again.
We'll see. Hope you both feel better today and that Wm has now settled in well. Verity
Sent from my GT-N5110

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Morning Lady A. I hope you are feeling more positive this morning. Your post struck a chord with me. From reading of all your ordeals I know you are one of life's copers. Not used to feeling feeble and dependent on others; always putting a positive spin on things. But despite you willing your body to heal it will heal at its own pace. I know to my cost.....6 weeks into a broken collarbone!!! So, patience. Sit back and plan your new summer wardrobe of strappy tops and bikinis.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Morning Sit back and plan your new summer wardrobe of strappy tops and bikinis.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

:eek::eek::eek:
Haven't actually had a swimsuit of any kind for over 20 years! Wild horses wouldn't get me into water!

I know I am getting better - the right side is doing really good. But I'm getting pain in the left side, not near the incisions, but inside - like the breast pain you get sometimes when you are due a period? Quite intense. And very uncomfortable. I remember reading about this and the reason for it in the blurb before the op - not everyone gets it apparently! trust me! - it's caused by tissue & fat doing something, can't remember what! It can take months to settle.

Tomcat appears to be better this morning - because I gave him no food last night and syringed acidopholous into him. We shall see how he goes. His tail is straight up in the air as he walks, which is always a good sign with him. I always know when he's poorly as he starts carrying his tail low!

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
HA !!!! Those negative warnings that you never think will affect you!!! :mad:
Glad the cat is looking perkier.
Have a good day :)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I'm at the hospital this morning with mum, who had a clinic appointment. One of my friends works at the hospital, so I met her for coffee while I waited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65