A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Dear Sylvia, you won't have the time or the inclination to reply, so don't!!!! Once more we are there, out of sight but present in spirit, to share the hard times.
Don't try to be too strong, you have had your own health problems so my first thought is please take care of yourself.
Dhiren is going home in more than one sense. His journey home started a long time ago now. It has taken such a toll on him and you, and yet you have remained close, perhaps because of the illness rather than in spite of it. So now the last stage of the journey is upon him. You can sit with him and keep him company on the way, but finally the last steps are his alone. You can make him comfortable so that his end will be as peaceful as possible, but you cannot turn back the clock.
I hope that you are able to accept the praise which is your due. You have fought for your husband's rights when he became incapable of fighting himself and at the same time you have passed on so much wisdom, calmness and encouragement to the rest of us, and certainly to me, making his journey and my experience of Dementia easier to cope with.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for as long as you need them. Our love is extended to family and friends who are going to sit and share this time with you.
Go onward, Dhiren, in love and peace.x.

This is so lovely Cragmaid...and I'm sure you speak for everyone here.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Dear Sylvia, you won't have the time or the inclination to reply, so don't!!!! Once more we are there, out of sight but present in spirit, to share the hard times.
Don't try to be too strong, you have had your own health problems so my first thought is please take care of yourself.
Dhiren is going home in more than one sense. His journey home started a long time ago now. It has taken such a toll on him and you, and yet you have remained close, perhaps because of the illness rather than in spite of it. So now the last stage of the journey is upon him. You can sit with him and keep him company on the way, but finally the last steps are his alone. You can make him comfortable so that his end will be as peaceful as possible, but you cannot turn back the clock.
I hope that you are able to accept the praise which is your due. You have fought for your husband's rights when he became incapable of fighting himself and at the same time you have passed on so much wisdom, calmness and encouragement to the rest of us, and certainly to me, making his journey and my experience of Dementia easier to cope with.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for as long as you need them. Our love is extended to family and friends who are going to sit and share this time with you.
Go onward, Dhiren, in love and peace.x.

What a lovely post Cragmaid.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
So many lovely posts. :)

Dhiren is comfortable. He has slept all day and refused food and drink except for a few teaspoons of jelly.

He has had no medication yet because the District nurses will not appear until tomorrow but he has remained comfortable and is definitely more relaxed.
His limbs have straightened and he has found it easier to accept personal care from the carers than he did from the hospital nurses.
So it seems obvious he he best where he is.

Our grandchildren wanted to visit so Paul and his wife brought the three of them in. Paul leant over Dhiren and told him the children had come to see him.

Dhiren said "I`ll get up soon.”

This afternoon we listened to a Nana Mouskouri CD. I leaned over him and told him what we were listening to. He recognised the name and the music, just for a minute, and smiled.

Sunbell

Jul 29, 2010
Yorkshire, England
Dear Grannie G,

So sorry you and your dear Dhiren have come to his stage of his illness. I can empathise with you as I have recently been through exactly the same situation with my dear mum when she was sent back to her care home from hospital as there was nothing further could be done.

I do hope Dhiren is now comfortable in his surroundings and know you will be with him as much as is possible for you. My thoughts are with you both and you will be remembered in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

Sunbell x

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
Just checking for news and glad see that Dhiren is comfortable today.
Hope you get a good night's rest Sylvia.
Thinking of you, Carol X

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Talking Point mobile app

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm so glad you got your smile Sylvia. It sounds as though Dhiren is comfortable and contented and that must reassure you. He is in the best place with the people he loves, and who love him, beside him. love and thoughts xxx

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
A smile is worth a fortune and feeds an aching heart. I hope you are able to rest, Sylvia.
Thinking of you and Dhiren all the time. XXX

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sylvia,

It is good news that Dhiren has settled now that he is back amongst people who 'know' him. You, too, are with folk that care about you as well. The care home has a lot to be praised on.

Love to you both

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sylvia, what a lovely post from you, thank you for telling us about Dhiren.

It is wonderful to hear that he is more comfortable and that he is relaxed with the carers attending him. Also that you did get a lovely smile from him. All of which must have lifted some load from you.

I hope Dhiren continues to feel safe and reassured, and yes he is definitely in the best place, his safe care home, rather than hospital.

Hoping you have a decent sleep tonight, and wishing you strength during this difficult time.

Both you and Dhiren continue much in my thoughts and my heart.

With my love
Loo xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad Dhiren has been peaceful today. It's lovely that your grandchildren saw him and that you got a smile. It's do good he is where he is. Take care. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
When I think of Dhiren I think if him warm, safe, comfortable and secure with a smile on his face, like the photo of when he was cosy in bed in his home after being at the hospital,
I hope you are managing to rest Sylvia xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.