I have a very bad memory but my GP is not sure

Genesis

Jul 27, 2012
Caton, nearLancaster
Hi Dean

I just wanted to acknowledge your post and say 'hi' and to welcome you. It's aweful to feel no-one cares and I just wanted to say I understand those feelings as I have been there (though not on this forum). You will get good advice on here when the right people read your posts. Please be encouraged that we all care about each other, even when we don't understand or can't offer immediate advice.
I have things to do right now - my husband has Alzheimers, but I have lots of concern for you and will look for you when I visit the forum tomorrow and will consider further what you have shared with us.

You take care and God bless you

Genesis xx

juniepoonie

Jun 11, 2013
essex
hi dean how you doin? when I went to the doctor convinced I had symptoms of AD 11years ago he sent me to see a phyciatrist I was fine with that as I knew something was wrong after blood tests an other tests it turned out I was VIT B12 deficient. now I have ijectiontions every 3mths an will do for life. im still under the mental health team as I have lots of anziety problems. All im trying to say is go back to the doctor it doesn't matter how many times you go but get them to understand how concerned you are about your symptoms. Would your friend go with you? now get yourself an app. an get yourself back to the docs an let us know how things go. glad you like my name lol. juniepoonie.

Dean80

Jul 15, 2013
London
Hi Dean

I just wanted to acknowledge your post and say 'hi' and to welcome you. It's aweful to feel no-one cares and I just wanted to say I understand those feelings as I have been there (though not on this forum). You will get good advice on here when the right people read your posts. Please be encouraged that we all care about each other, even when we don't understand or can't offer immediate advice.
I have things to do right now - my husband has Alzheimers, but I have lots of concern for you and will look for you when I visit the forum tomorrow and will consider further what you have shared with us.

You take care and God bless you

Genesis xx
Hi Genesis, thank you for your response, I seriously lost the fact I had the group to talk to, a blank moment. The main pain I have is trying to explain what not only what the issue is but what happens when they do, the only person who has been considerate enough apart from the great people here is my friend Dawn, but I'm sure even she has her doubts because it is so odd, I am not silly, I know it odd, but I do not have a choice or can totally control what happens, I have seen my GP again on the advice of other forum members but still the same result apart from one thing, she said it could be a form of narcolepsy with high levels of testosterone which makes not much sense to me as I have the memory loss too.

Dean80

Jul 15, 2013
London
Hi

hi dean how you doin? when I went to the doctor convinced I had symptoms of AD 11years ago he sent me to see a phyciatrist I was fine with that as I knew something was wrong after blood tests an other tests it turned out I was VIT B12 deficient. now I have ijectiontions every 3mths an will do for life. im still under the mental health team as I have lots of anziety problems. All im trying to say is go back to the doctor it doesn't matter how many times you go but get them to understand how concerned you are about your symptoms. Would your friend go with you? now get yourself an app. an get yourself back to the docs an let us know how things go. glad you like my name lol. juniepoonie.

hi juniepoonie,

I have a psychiatrist, and he passed me onto the local mental health team, and as good as they are, they are all male so I worry they are just telling me what I want to hear related to what happens in my moments. I have tried talking to male advisors many times but I always feel more depressed after as I do not feel they see me as an equal and female advisors are always more understanding. So I have now refused to see any male advisors apart from those I have to.

Dean80

Jul 15, 2013
London
Lost my job and a few friends

Quite upset due to losing my job at the gym, and two of my friends are not talking to me also due to two occasions. I was in a swim meet and had a moment at work, and was told to go home, then had a call to tell me I was no longer required, so I called one of my friends and she brought her frind with her and we had some drinks to try and make me feel better, but her friend Sarah was apparently giving me double's of my drinks which I did not know, I fell asleep and had a moment while they were there. My friend Dawn said she was shocked by what I did, but I thought she knew as we had talked about it briefly in the past but she said that she and her friend watched me and as far as they were concerned I knew what I was doing !. I am now avoiding everyone because I know they will critacise me before trying to understand.

Last edited:

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Hi Dean
For some reason I have only just found this post. So sorry to hear you have lost your job.
Obviously I don't know your symptoms or stress, but I do know how stress can affect your mind. I have gaps in my life from early in my marriage and also even now things can be said to me that I just don't remember. I often feel I am going mad.
I understand now it is stress. I am not saying yours is the same reasons and you do need to keep seeing your GP but there is always someone to listen here.
I understand it may not be any comfort but now you aren't in your job could you consider some medication. You may find it helps a lot.
Best wishes
Nanak (Kim)

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Dean I am so very sorry that you lost your job and your friends were unkind to you, It must be so very worrying for you, I hope you will be able to see your GP again and they will be able to help you, Hold you head up high and don't let it get you down,

hugs from Jeany xx

Dean80

Jul 15, 2013
London
Hi Dean
For some reason I have only just found this post. So sorry to hear you have lost your job.
Obviously I don't know your symptoms or stress, but I do know how stress can affect your mind. I have gaps in my life from early in my marriage and also even now things can be said to me that I just don't remember. I often feel I am going mad.
I understand now it is stress. I am not saying yours is the same reasons and you do need to keep seeing your GP but there is always someone to listen here.
I understand it may not be any comfort but now you aren't in your job could you consider some medication. You may find it helps a lot.
Best wishes
Nanak (Kim)

Hi Nanak,

The going mad bit of your comment is how I feel, I am being told things I apparently have done but can not recall them. I also am now starting to want to try new meds.

Dean80

Jul 15, 2013
London
Dean I am so very sorry that you lost your job and your friends were unkind to you, It must be so very worrying for you, I hope you will be able to see your GP again and they will be able to help you, Hold you head up high and don't let it get you down,

hugs from Jeany xx

Hi Jeany,

It is really upsetting as I trained and worked hard to get and keep that job for as long as I did, they knew some of what I go through but had never seen it firsthand until then and now they say there hands are tied even if they did understand as it was customers who saw it. My friend Dawn is talking to me, but only in a morbid fascination sense because she is finding it difficult to understand my condition and symptoms, she said she has never heard of it happen like this before.

Tigers15

Oct 21, 2012
Hello Dean. Sorry you lost your job. I'm not sure that i have anything to say that can ease your situation / mind. It seems to me that part of your stress is due to worrying about 'your moments' : I'm not one for taking medication unless it is really, really necessary but i do feel that it is definitely time for you to go back to your GP and tell him/her that you have changed your mind and will try the meds.

Also to try to take your mind off this worry is there a hobby you can take up?

Worried about you - please take care.

Dean80

Jul 15, 2013
London
Hello Dean. Sorry you lost your job. I'm not sure that i have anything to say that can ease your situation / mind. It seems to me that part of your stress is due to worrying about 'your moments' : I'm not one for taking medication unless it is really, really necessary but i do feel that it is definitely time for you to go back to your GP and tell him/her that you have changed your mind and will try the meds.

Also to try to take your mind off this worry is there a hobby you can take up?

Worried about you - please take care.

Hi Tigers,

I produce art and play guitar and strangely enough my ability in both has not been hugely affected, although I do forget songs as soon as I have learned them. I will be going back to my GP on Monday as I also believe it is time for me to try something as it is getting too much with the amount of people I have lost as friends, and losing my job was the worst thing. My concerns with taking meds though is that they could kill off my art and music side, but also that they won't stop the moments, or if they do stop them, the meds will have to be like sleeping tablets so I won't have a life either.

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Dean, I agree you need to consult a GP again and ask for blood tests and perhaps a cranial ct scan. Surely if it's narcolepsy it needs to have a way to get a definitive diagnosis? And they need to find an explanation for excessive testosterone levels if they think that could explain your problems.
When we took Dad, as an elderly man, the dr still had to rule out all other possibilities first.
Hope you get the help you need.
Stephanie, xxx

Dean80

Jul 15, 2013
London
Dean, I agree you need to consult a GP again and ask for blood tests and perhaps a cranial ct scan. Surely if it's narcolepsy it needs to have a way to get a definitive diagnosis? And they need to find an explanation for excessive testosterone levels if they think that could explain your problems.
When we took Dad, as an elderly man, the dr still had to rule out all other possibilities first.
Hope you get the help you need.
Stephanie, xxx

Hi Stephanie,

My GP and others before have told me I have very high testosterone levels which I used to joke about, but then when the loss of memory with the high testosterone combined started, it made for very awkward situations, I found the GP and others were next to useless (or at least that is what I think) and backed away from them as much as I could, so I lost out on understanding a lot of what they were trying to explain to me.

Dean80

Jul 15, 2013
London
I know a lot of my concern about the GP's etc is my own probably irrational thinking, but I do worry about what they will say if they find something worse wrong with me than I think there may be.

Tigers15

Oct 21, 2012
Hi Tigers,

I produce art and play guitar and strangely enough my ability in both has not been hugely affected, although I do forget songs as soon as I have learned them. I will be going back to my GP on Monday as I also believe it is time for me to try something as it is getting too much with the amount of people I have lost as friends, and losing my job was the worst thing. My concerns with taking meds though is that they could kill off my art and music side, but also that they won't stop the moments, or if they do stop them, the meds will have to be like sleeping tablets so I won't have a life either.

I am no expert, but I suspect that your ability to produce art and play guitar hasn't been affected is because when you are doing those things you are relaxed. Medication might initially affect certain things but once (would you Adam and Eve it I've forgotten what i was going to say!) oh gosh :eek: - the whole sentence has gone, but I am aware that some meds can have negative affects until they are truly in your system.

Being without meds hasn't worked. Good luck at the GPs; you won't know any adverse affects until you try.

Dean80

Jul 15, 2013
London
I am no expert, but I suspect that your ability to produce art and play guitar hasn't been affected is because when you are doing those things you are relaxed. Medication might initially affect certain things but once (would you Adam and Eve it I've forgotten what i was going to say!) oh gosh :eek: - the whole sentence has gone, but I am aware that some meds can have negative affects until they are truly in your system.

Being without meds hasn't worked. Good luck at the GPs; you won't know any adverse affects until you try.

I'm now starting to feel like buying some drinks and locking myself away for a week.

Tigers15

Oct 21, 2012
I'm now starting to feel like buying some drinks and locking myself away for a week.

Sorry, i didn't mean to make you feel worse - anyway you can't lock yourself away as you have a GP to visit. ;)

I think your art and guitar might be helpful right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porternorma