Mum passed away today

Elise64

Jan 5, 2013
After a three year struggle with this most cruel of illness' mum is finally at rest.
Feeling very numb at the moment with mixed emotions as whilst she is no longer suffering, she is also not with us and this is no easier to bare.

Rest in piece Mum x love you xxxxxxx

minniemouse01

Nov 27, 2012
scotland
So sorry to hear about your mum. It is a terrible illness, be kind to yourself and take the time to grieve. Sending a hug. The next few days will pass in a haze, but you will come through it.

love M x:)

DougWort

Jul 8, 2012
North Somerset
Elise, my father died yesterday, and wherever they are, and whatever your personal beliefs are, they are in a far, far better place now. Take care of yourself, and get back on with your life. Many best wishes, Doug Wort.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Sorry to hear about your Dad too Doug Wort.
They are at peace now, I hope you both can find some, Alzheimer's was NOT the thing that defined them.

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
Sincere condolences from me too.

Once you have got over the shock, I'm sure you will find that knowing she has been spared any further suffering will compensate for the heartache.

Take care

Last edited:

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
There was a hymn we sang at school that went " The fight is o'er, the battle's won..." With Dementia in all its forms, there are only losers. In my thoughts...Maureen.x

jan1962

May 19, 2012
bedlington northumberland
Elise64 so sorry to hear that your loved one has passed away. the only thing i can say that at last they are free of this disgusting illness. you will feel numb over the next few days. please take time out for your and remember the good times that you had with your mum these are the memories that you should treasure.

went through the same last month when my MIL lost her battle with this horrid illness.

keep posting so that your friends on here can continue to support you through this dark time.

sending your hugs and will pray for you over the next few days.

jan1962

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry to hear about your losses Elise and DougWort. Sending you my condolences and wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come. x

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
condolences

Elise and Doug, sorry for your losses, there is never a happy ending with Alzheimers or dementia but at least they are beyond pain now and the battle is over. Rejoice in the happy memories you have and slowly you will forget the bad times.

Sue.

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
So sorry Elise, that you have just lost your Mum, and that Doug, you have lost your father. I hope you have those around you, who will support and comfort you in the difficult days ahead. That you are given strength and courage to sustain you, until the happy and loving memories of your mother and father outshine the shadow of dementia.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Elise,

I am sorry to hear your sad news about your mum.

As you say, the price we pay for their peaceful release from dementia is a very great one, and it hurts, no matter how difficult the journey has been.

Sending you and your family my condolences xxx

Pheath

Dec 31, 2009
UK
Dear Elise

So sorry for the loss of your mum. These early days are the very hardest.

Px