One iPad to another!

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
My old iPad was just about an antique in techie terms so I bought myself a lovely brand new one.

So now what I need to know is how do I transfer all my pics from the old one to my new one. Would investing in a hard drive be the way to go or is that oversimplify things.
help help help

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Save everything on your old iPad into the cloud. You should at some time have registered to use the cloud for storage. Then when you start to use the new one you download from the cloud.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Save everything on your old iPad into the cloud. You should at some time have registered to use the cloud for storage. Then when you start to use the new one you download from the cloud.
I never bothered with the cloud. The old iPad had belonged to my granddaughter and I had no idea of what to do with some of the stuff that was on it. I will investigate but if I need a password, I am in big doodoos.

Thanks.

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
This link might help. It details several different methods. Hopefully one will be ok for you……

….. If there are not that many that you actually want, it may be easier just to e-mail them to yourself in small numbers !

Chaplin

May 24, 2015
Bristol
My old iPad was just about an antique in techie terms so I bought myself a lovely brand new one.

So now what I need to know is how do I transfer all my pics from the old one to my new one. Would investing in a hard drive be the way to go or is that oversimplify things.
help help help
You should be able to use ‘share’ between one iPad and another, switch on Bluetooth first then make sure both devices are next to each other, select the photos you want to save and use the share option. Easiest way without buying any additional software tools.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I have just upgraded from a mini iPad and following instructions with new one I was led to a point of laying them alongside each other and the new one transferred everything wirelessly somehow.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I have just upgraded from a mini iPad and following instructions with new one I was led to a point of laying them alongside each other and the new one transferred everything wirelessly somehow.
My old iPad was so ancient that it couldn't function like that.

However, I had a chat to a very helpful man at our local office supplies store and he suggested using a cable, the right kind to accommodate the ones on both iPads.

So I connected them up and was able to import the photos immedately which is really great. And it didn't cost a fortune either and was such a simple solution.

Thanks everyone for your ideas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicky123