Can anybody help please

Fulham1

Feb 6, 2016
Hi,
I am new to this site, my mum has severe Alzheimers and is in a care home.
She suffered a stroke a couple of weeks ago, and went to hospital, after she returned, she suffered 2 further suspected strokes, but, as she has been sent back as palliative end of life care, she was taken care of in the home by the twighlight nurses.

We are trying to obtain continuing healthcare funding at the moment, but, every obstacle possible is being put in our way.

Can anybody tell me, due to the recent strokes, where mum was unresponsive for some time, what can be the dangers to her health now? We need help to prove that she qualifies.

Thank you for any help thst anyone out there may be able to offer

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
With multiple recent strokes and now on palliative care your mum may be eligible for the Fast Track process.

This requires a clinician to sign:-

The individual fulfils the following criterion:

He or she has a rapidly deteriorating condition and the condition may be entering a terminal phase. For the purposes of Fast Track eligibility this constitutes a primary health need. No other test is required.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...143/NHS-CHC-Fast-Track-Pathway-tool-FINAL.doc

Thee is no checklist or DST.

Fulham1

Feb 6, 2016
With multiple recent strokes and now on palliative care your mum may be eligible for the Fast Track process.

This requires a clinician to sign:-

The individual fulfils the following criterion:

He or she has a rapidly deteriorating condition and the condition may be entering a terminal phase. For the purposes of Fast Track eligibility this constitutes a primary health need. No other test is required.

The district nurse refused us, she asked if mum had eaten anything then said her breathing is ok, therefore she does not meet the criteria

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Try asking the GP for an opinion.

EDIT
Don't say you have already talked to the DN.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey