Young Dementia Thematic Group - new participants needed

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
The Young Dementia Thematic Group (part of Dementia Voice) is looking for new participants!

This is a national group, and it's specifically intended for people with a diagnosis of young onset dementia. The purpose of the group is to enable the participants to use their personal experiences, knowledge and skills to shape a wide range of projects and topics.

The group meets online twice a month. They currently have six opportunities for ongoing service user involvement.

If you're interested, please get in touch with Hayleigh Kicks at hayleigh.kicks@alzheimers.org.uk who can give you more information :)

Last edited:

G1000

Oct 9, 2023
Hi,

I would like to be part of this. My sister has early on set dementia. I've tried to email you but the email keeps bouncing to the email address, you have provided.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009-141336.png
    Screenshot_20231009-141336.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 120

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hi @G1000, I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get through. I'll investigate this and will keep you posted if I hear back.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Something wrong
hayleigh.kicks@....
is a link to
hayley.kicks@....

Neither of which appear to be valid
2023-10-09_150635.png

2023-10-09_150819.png

@G1000
I've reported this post so admin can investigate

Last edited:

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
A message from Hayleigh:

"We are still looking for one more participant to join the group (at the time of writing) however, the group is for people with a diagnosis of young onset, not family members at this stage. Please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion regarding this."

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I've been posting on here for over 10 years and my (now late) wife diagnosed mid 50's, if that meets the criteria let me know.
K

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
@Kevinl first of all, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. Unfortunately the group is for those with a diagnosis themselves rather than loved ones, but thanks so much for offering anyway.

Janine198

Jan 20, 2024
Hi. I am new here, just registered. I am 51 yrs old and was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s last July. Would I be helpful for this group / forum?

Barnei

Jan 25, 2024
My daughter in law is diagnosed with. Frontal temporal dementia at 47. My son looks after her at home along with her two daughters 13 and 15 years of age. What an impact this has had on them all! I’ll ask my son if he would be interested in joining in this group. Are there any support groups for the girls?

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
@Janine198, welcome to the community and I hope you find it to be a supportive place :) The group is for people with a diagnosis, so you're very welcome to email hayleigh.kicks@alzheimers.org.uk to see if there is space available - fingers crossed there will be.

@Barnei, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter in law - it sounds like this has understandably had a big impact on the whole family. Unfortunately this group is for people with a diagnosis of young-onset dementia, not family members at the moment, but your son is very welcome to join Dementia Support Forum and receive support from others on here.

We also have an online directory with local support services here and support for young people who might be involved in caring here. I hope these are helpful, and give you an idea of what support is out there.