Nightmare!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning everyone!

Last night I dreamt that mum had Alzheimers but I was relieved when I woke up and remembered that she had passed away in 2008!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good evening everyone,

Well I wonder what I'll dream about tonight because last night I had one of those dreams that I tend to have once in a while. I am on the other side of town and I can't back to my side of town. Last year the Red Arrows came to my city and I have just heard that they are coming back this year.

This evoked memories of Southend Airshow with dad except that for some reason we were watching it in Shoebury. I realised that I had to get back to my side of town but I couldn't because something had had happened to my shoes. Other variations that I have had of this dream have been a war in Southend or people were coming after me in Southend East and the buses or trains were broken down!

Goodnight

MaNaAk

Last edited:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good evening everyone,

Well I wonder what I'll dream about tonight because last night I had one of those dreams that I tend to have once in a while. I am on the other side of town and I can't back to my side of town. Last year the Red Arrows came to my city and I have just heard that they are coming back this year.

This evoked memories of Southend Airshow with except that for some reason we were watching it in Shoebury. I realised that I had to get back to my side of town but I couldn't because something had had happened to my shoes. Other that I have had of this dream have been a war in Southend or people were coming after me in Southend East and the buses or trains were broken down!

Goodnight

MaNaAk
you were busy last night. i hope you have a less to do tonight.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Warning, old joke

A young man says to his girlfriend "Last night I dreamt I made love to you"
She said "You didn't, did you?"
"No" he said, "you wouldn't let me!"

Boom, boom

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Plenty! I have one where I'm in some reasonably posh housing estate and cannot find my way out. It's familiar but not familiar at the same time. I climb over fences, walk through the houses themselves and their back gardens but I always find myself in a cul de sac! Another is that I buy a car, leave it outside the old family home where I grew up and the next day? Gone, stolen!! All very vivid, all very real at the time of dreaming... I do have others notably about living in Germany in some private room at a cheap hotel/hostel, only five DMs!! Extreme feelings of wellbeing with this one ;)

My conclusions based on my knowledge & expertise in the field..? My brain 🧠 is obviously knackered haha ;)

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
I believe dreaming is very important, in fact I have been known to write the (very) occasional dream down. I go along with the theory that in a lot of dreams our real feelings /view about things is making itself known - having been kept unconscious in our daily life.

So maybe, @Eddcorner in a couple of your examples above, you might have been wanting to return to a simpler life. Especially in that last example where you had "Extreme feelings of wellbeing". The 'feel' of a dream is always important.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
I believe dreaming is very important, in fact I have been known to write the (very) occasional dream down. I go along with the theory that in a lot of dreams our real feelings /view about things is making itself known - having been kept unconscious in our daily life.

So maybe, @Eddcorner in a couple of your examples above, you might have been wanting to return to a simpler life. Especially in that last example where you had "Extreme feelings of wellbeing". The 'feel' of a dream is always important.
Probably not far wrong ;) I would be quite happy amongst my books and papers, left to research once again but I'm also content in my role as mum's support. The first couple relate maybe to my inability to find a way to 'help' mum return to her old self, being a natural problem solver I rarely hit a brick wall but with dementia..? I try not to dwell on the impossibilities anymore, however my subconscious is still seeking a way through!!

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Probably not far wrong ;) I would be quite happy amongst my books and papers, left to research once again but I'm also content in my role as mum's support. The first couple relate maybe to my inability to find a way to 'help' mum return to her old self, being a natural problem solver I rarely hit a brick wall but with dementia..? I try not to dwell on the impossibilities anymore, however my subconscious is still seeking a way through!!
Yes, your analysis of the first two seems spot on.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Yes, your analysis of the first two seems spot on.
My brain never sleeps, a very active piece of machinery it is! Wired completely wrong or in my case completely right, I think in circles not straight lines, hard to put it any other way haha ;)

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
My brain never sleeps, a very active piece of machinery it is! Wired completely wrong or in my case completely right, I think in circles not straight lines, hard to put it any other way haha ;)
Our brain may never sleep, but our conscious view of ourselves does, leaving our real (unconscious, if repressed) view of things free to communicate itself. Your last dream is a perfect example of a good feeling dream.

Here's an example of a nightmare, I read about.
A man who wanted to be a musician had instead become a businessman to satisfy his father's wishes. He's unsuccessful and his father criticises him.
When the analyst questions the genuineness of his guilt feeling (for having disappointed his father), the patient is annoyed.

But soon afterward he sees himself in a dream as a very successful businessman, praised by his father, something which had never occurred in real life. At this point in the dream, the dreamer, is suddenly seized by panic and the impulse to do away with himself, and he wakes up.

This nightmare lets him know his guilt feeling is not the failure to satisfy his father (which he consciously thought), but his obedience to him, and his failure to satisfy himself.

I suppose he might have dreamt of himself being a musician, and in that case his dream would have felt very good.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
The strange thing that dad only started talking about his dreams when he developed Alzheimers! He started saying that he had seen his parents

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Our brain may never sleep, but our conscious view of ourselves does, leaving our real (unconscious, if repressed) view of things free to communicate itself. Your last dream is a perfect example of a good feeling dream.

Here's an example of a nightmare, I read about.
A man who wanted to be a musician had instead become a businessman to satisfy his father's wishes. He's unsuccessful and his father criticises him.
When the analyst questions the genuineness of his guilt feeling (for having disappointed his father), the patient is annoyed.

But soon afterward he sees himself in a dream as a very successful businessman, praised by his father, something which had never occurred in real life. At this point in the dream, the dreamer, is suddenly seized by panic and the impulse to do away with himself, and he wakes up.

This nightmare lets him know his guilt feeling is not the failure to satisfy his father (which he consciously thought), but his obedience to him, and his failure to satisfy himself.

I suppose he might have dreamt of himself being a musician, and in that case his dream would have felt very good.
I'm a Piano and Violin teacher and there is a group of composers known as the Five including Alexander Borodin who was originally a chemist and Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov who was originally a military officer!

MaNaAk

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
My dreams are always soooo bizarre! I was thankful that mum woke me last night…..I was in the middle of being v perturbed that an acquaintance was about to me cremated fully conscious 😱😱😱 I kept asking people if he needed some meds so he wasn’t aware of what was going on and they didn’t seem bothered at all! I kept saying it’s wrong for him to be burnt alive! He on the other hand was deeply relaxed about the whole thing..

my interpretation was that we had enjoyed Alice Roberts Egyptian mummies and Pyramids on the TV last night - fascinating programmme seeing mummified remains etc…..and then reading about EOL meds here on TP ……all got a bit mixed up in my crazy mind!

You’ll be calling for the mental health section papers for me….

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
The strange thing that dad only started talking about his dreams when he developed Alzheimers! He started saying that he had seen his parents

MaNaAk
A couple of times, I've wondered how PWD's dreaming is affected. Is it similar to before they had the condition? Don't know.
I'm a Piano and Violin teacher and there is a group of composers known as the Five including Alexander Borodin who was originally a chemist and Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov who was originally a military officer!

MaNaAk
My dad once told me his Aunt had a piano in her house. I asked him how many times he'd tinkled the ivories. He said never, no one ever played it.
Almost a crime against humanity in my book!
I would never have been off it.

There are clips on YouTube of experienced pianists going in pubs and surprising customers with their skills.

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
I had a strange dream last night. I dropped through this chute into what seemed like quite a large underground market type place.
The 2 cats we used to have were there (they were happy), there were shops including a chemist. It was the middle of the night and I was surprised there were so many people about (I had a guess about 60).
Eventually someone discovered this chute and covered it with tin foil so I couldn't go back underground. I was a bit disappointed, but not much.
Absolutely fascinating.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I had a strange dream last night. I dropped through this chute into what seemed like quite a large underground market type place.
The 2 cats we used to have were there (they were happy), there were shops including a chemist. It was the middle of the night and I was surprised there were so many people about (I had a guess about 60).
Eventually someone discovered this chute and covered it with tin foil so I couldn't go back underground. I was a bit disappointed, but not much.
Absolutely fascinating.
You've just reminded me of the Two Ronnie's going down a laundry chute 🤣!

MaNaAk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casi