My mum

letts

May 23, 2023
Gave up work to care for my mum with dementia, severe lung disease, two skin cancer, bone disease and now weighing 6 stone very skinny with a very large tummy. Going downhill fast. Doctors can't say if she's in end of life, but tell me to give her the best times

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @letts welcome to Dementia Talking Point but so sorry to hear about your mum. It much be such a difficult time for you at the moment so I hope that you are receiving some professional support from nurses/carers? This is a friendly and supportive place, with people who understand, and there is always someone here to listen if you need it.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @letts.

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It‘s heartbreaking. I’m glad you’ve found this forum - I know you will always get support and understanding here.

Jessie5

Jul 17, 2017
I’m so sorry you find yourself here. That sounds like a lot. Is your Mum at home with you?

letts

May 23, 2023
Thank you. She's still in her own home a bungalow. She's lost now when visiting my home. I'm 4 minutes drive from her, I'm up there every day. Evening shes safe on her own ( at the moment) has vascular dementia so still knows things

Jessie5

Jul 17, 2017
I’m glad you are close by. I’m sure she loves to see you every day. Are you getting any support coming in to help you?

Make sure you take good care of yourself too.

There is lots of help and support here if you need it.