another funny!! dementia thing

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
You all deserve medals for inventiveness and patience.šŸ’
Inventiveness yes , patience... still working on that.
Iff I loose my cool ,I leave the room and go back as the nice ladyšŸ˜ƒhe asks if the horrid lady has gone home.
For me , smiling at his dementia funnies helps with acceptance. It's also an odd way of confirming to me that I haven't started the same disease. I still have my logic. šŸ™‚

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
And ...
This morning whilst eating his porridge OH turned to me and said " this meat is cooked really nicely"

Err meat ?šŸ¤£

And another...
I've just helped OH get washed and dressed ,a 45 minutes job. He doesn't really understand instructions so it's quite an exhausting experience.

I've just given him socks to put on. His response taking the socks from me was a deep sigh and "that's a difficult job"
Try living in my shoes, pal , was my thinkingšŸ¤£šŸ¤£

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
And ...
This morning whilst eating his porridge OH turned to me and said " this meat is cooked really nicely"

Err meat ?šŸ¤£

And another...
I've just helped OH get washed and dressed ,a 45 minutes job. He doesn't really understand instructions so it's quite an exhausting experience.

I've just given him socks to put on. His response taking the socks from me was a deep sigh and "that's a difficult job"
Try living in my shoes, pal , was my thinkingšŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Your last line is so true. Difficult, tiring, bloody near impossible, is closer. But for some inexplicable reason we keep going.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Your last line is so true. Difficult, tiring, bloody near impossible, is closer. But for some inexplicable reason we keep going.
Because we love them ? ā¤ļø I know if it were the other way round he'd do it for me. My gran ,aunt ,uncle and mum all had dementia in old age. OH used to tell me he'd care for me not to worry. Bless him

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
My husband's favourite expression at the moment is 'it' (shop/restaurant/coffee/meal) can't be beaten. Today we were sitting in our favourite restaurant and he said 'the staff in here need some beating'. He burst out laughing when he realised what he said. It was a pleasure to hear him laugh.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
My husband's favourite expression at the moment is 'it' (shop/restaurant/coffee/meal) can't be beaten. Today we were sitting in our favourite restaurant and he said 'the staff in here need some beating'. He burst out laughing when he realised what he said. It was a pleasure to hear him laugh.
AHH that's lovely šŸ¤£

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Hi @maggie6445 - I bet your shoes wouldn't fit him!šŸ˜„
No they would but he'd have a jolly good try. When we go out he often tries to put my coat on and then tells me there's something wrong with his coat! I'm a size 8 so heaven knows how he manages to get both arms in. Well he has ripped a lining or two that needed a few stitches !

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
My OH has a liking for his electric shaver .I 've posted on here about him carrying it around.
....Well ... This morning I handed him his shaver three times and asked him to shave.

At lunch time I noticed he was still unshaven . I couldn't find the blooming shaver anywhere. He couldn't remember what he'd done with it , the other one had moved it!
Anyway ,looked in all his pockets ,his coat etc.
Then I noticed my coat was covering his shoes. He's thinks mine is his sometimes so I looked in the pocket of mine . Hey presto, the shaver was there.
Another hiding place to add to my list. When I showed him it ,he smiled and said he remembered now. ! Too blooming late šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
At 5:45 this morning after dealing with OH toileting ,we returned to bed.
OH: there's lots of aeroplanes outside.
Me : (putting heating aids in) what did you say
Oh : there's lots of aeroplanes outside.
Me: Mmm.. is there?
OH: yes, can't you hear them?
Me: (listening ) that's birds tweeting not aeroplanes.

Well.... They both fly I suppose šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
At 5:45 this morning after dealing with OH toileting ,we returned to bed.
OH: there's lots of aeroplanes outside.
Me : (putting heating aids in) what did you say
Oh : there's lots of aeroplanes outside.
Me: Mmm.. is there?
OH: yes, can't you hear them?
Me: (listening ) that's birds tweeting not aeroplanes.

Well.... They both fly I suppose šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
You made me laugh- much needed today, thank you.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
i think i had the image of putting on heating aids. i pictured a couple of radiators in your ears. sorry im amuse by the most silly things.
Well spotted! Bit of sleep deprivation here as that was the second loo visit of the night . Zzzzzz

hillyjay

Jun 14, 2019
I went looking for my crocs slides I wear in the house and garden. I looked everywhere. Gone. He had no idea of course where they could have been. Finally I glanced down and spotted them - on his feet. Ok, so Iā€™m a 7 and heā€™s a 9. Close, but not close enough. He still swore they were his as he stood there with his toes hanging over the ends of them.

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
I went looking for my crocs slides I wear in the house and garden. I looked everywhere. Gone. He had no idea of course where they could have been. Finally I glanced down and spotted them - on his feet. Ok, so Iā€™m a 7 and heā€™s a 9. Close, but not close enough. He still swore they were his as he stood there with his toes hanging over the ends of them.
Ooh such a lovely look

hillyjay

Jun 14, 2019
My FiL sneaked into the room where I was watching tv, quietly tucked a chocolate up my trouser leg then left with a wink and a pat on my head šŸ˜‚
A bit late in replying but Iā€™ve only just seen this. Thank you SO much for a greatly needed laugh!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£My OH has tried to get my size 4 shoes on his size 9 feet before. Why don't they notice they don't fit? My OH regularly put his shoes on the wrong feet and he didn't notice . Must have been uncomfortable šŸ¤£