advice please

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Gosh what a couple of weeks you’re having Jennifer! Why do these things always cluster together 😡😡😡

I looked into private dentistry at home. It wasn’t that much more than general private. Can’t get anything NHS around here. My toothache the other week thankfully disappeared again!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Gosh what a couple of weeks you’re having Jennifer! Why do these things always cluster together 😡😡😡

I looked into private dentistry at home. It wasn’t that much more than general private. Can’t get anything NHS around here. My toothache the other week thankfully disappeared again!
ive had enough now along with scammers that spent my money without asking fraud. they are giving me new cards etc and pin so will be interesting how he remembers his. i felt responsible then my son gave me chapter and verse. we are exempt from dental charges but i think ive sorted it out. mouth wash works and salt water.
tbh ive had enough, ive dealt with enough, my mental health[mod/ severe depression anxiety] is on the floor but my bl**dy mindedness is getting me through along with loud music. and forum members.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @nita,

How are you now? I had blocked sinuses but that particular Saturday I woke up feeling shivery and later I was very bloated. I then had trouble keeping food down for twenty-four hours.

MaNaAk

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Thanks @MaNaAk - I am a bit better, noticed I was walking a bit quicker today! But I'm still coughing spasmodically - it's not a "productive" cough but still makes me struggle to catch my breath. Seeing the doctor next Thursday and see what she says. I was told it could take weeks to get over it - it really has knocked me for six.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Hope you do get your prescription today all right @jennifer1967 and there's no hiccups. Our pharmacist no longer just issues repeats - you have to go online and request them which means constant diary notes for my self and my brother. Also, they sometimes have against a medication - needs to be reviewed by a doctor - which delays things.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Our pharmacist no longer just issues repeats - you have to go online and request them
I think it depends on the script, repeat prescriptions or repeat dispensings.

I can get more than one monthly prescription by asking at the pharmacy, as soon as one is cleared off the system another one becomes available.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my doctor signs off 4 weeks worth of prescription for the chemist. the chemist orders all mine and put them in trays as i get mine for 1 week only. i did get my script and a few things i didnt order but on my repeat. i emailed the doctor and monday they called. the chemist tends the blame the doctors so the doctors give me the barcodes.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Thanks @MaNaAk - I am a bit better, noticed I was walking a bit quicker today! But I'm still coughing spasmodically - it's not a "productive" cough but still makes me struggle to catch my breath. Seeing the doctor next Thursday and see what she says. I was told it could take weeks to get over it - it really has knocked me for six.
im glad you are a bit better. i hope the doctor can help you get better quicker.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Well my laptop has died but I'm using my phone. He's getting himself in a right state over the timings of the dinner. He has started ordering again I think because he's anxious. I have stopped that before it get going. He's worried about the roast dinner and when to put things on. I'm doing most of it. I can feel his impatience that everything needs to be done yesterday. Didn't want a shower last night because he couldn't be bothered. He had a shower after I nagged him and not taking no for an answer. He has a review of his copd tomorrow over the phone. I'm going to put him on speaker so I can help him. I know he doesn't like them either. I will help him but he doesn't half make it hard work. He's played with his phone and put it on silent although he doesn't know how. He just needs to leave the phone alone. I've told him I will chop his hands off.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I'm supposed to be meeting a friend for coffee today. I need to get my mobility scooter on the bus, something have done loads of times before but not for a year. I've lost confidence and hoped it would rain. If I bottle it now, its going to be 10 times worse next time if I dont go today. I havent used my little scooter for a year but its cleaned and working, took it around the block. Just got to do it

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good luck @jennifer1967. I`ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I`m going to the garden centre where I had a fall last June. I haven't been since then and am hoping to lay the ghost.

try to stay strong

May 29, 2024
my husband has vascular dementia and is constantly ordering and demanding. hes constantly nagging me to do what he wants. immediately. i need to shorten his jeans so nagged again until i do them. i make sure the house is clean for him and he always has clean clothes. always got what he needs and wants. he explodes when he gets frustrated. tonight he has shouted at me and told me he doesnt want to see me again tonight. i gave him his meds and he was still stroppy. ive left him there. even nagging me about i havent had the jab yet, ive no control over that and his shouting is not going to get it any quicker.
the kids dont see any difference in him. its usually me thats the mad one. he takes the rise out of me and laughs about it. says stupid things then laughs. he can still cook but it doesnt wash things out very well. i have tried to ignore what he says not react but he scares me when he shouts. tonight for the first time in a while, i locked the bathroom door while having a shower. didnt feel safe to leave it unlocked. the other thing he does that i dont know how to handle is that he gropes. i have to go past his chair to go out the front room door and his hands is are outstretched to grab me. we have separate rooms and we dont have a physical relationship as such. we will hug and kiss goodnight but not any further. hes always been short-tempered but this is ongoing every day. i have to jump to commands. he presents like you wouldnt think anything is wrong. it hurts and all i can do is cry which seems to make no difference. we dont have carers and wont as he has capacity to say no. the dementia has exaggerated the temper he already had. any ideas?

try to stay strong

May 29, 2024
no idea how to help but i can say you helped me as my partner seems fine with every one else but takes it all out on me . i thought it was me that was doing something wrong but now i know other people get it too .
stay strong and thank you