You guys can heard of speech their therapy

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
I'm mast my doctor why other dementia ones can talk so better than me cause I'm I'm justice moderate not the bad more one he said is not by dimension but is is by the force first stroke is call phased phased a face see ya. Ok got to spell that one is aphasia. He say will medical no Medicare will approve a speech. Therapy. You know that one? Can make me talk like more you guys? He says can help to do other things better too not just for is tocking but I'm can't know what he means this is Matt I'm hope you're good

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @MatthewB

I would take any help offered. No one knows until they try.

You are doing what my husband was unable to do. You are communicating here and we are all full of admiration for you because you don't give up

My husband was OK with his talking but couldn`t use a computer. If he found anything difficult he would leave it to me.

Keep up the good work Matthew

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I agree with @Grannie G Matthew. Take all the help you can get.

You communicate with us so well and getting any extra help can only be good.

Take care.

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Thanks you guys are so nice and I'm will be trying that one even is up to the big town can make my belly so nervous I'm not to like tock to ones I don't not know cause cause I'm soon sound kind of crazy and I'm some embarrassing

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
@MatthewB

Whoever you see will be someone who really wants to help you.

They will understand that you are nervous and they certainly won’t think you are crazy.

Good luck in whatever you do. Be proud of yourself.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Yes @MatthewB , you are doing so well, and I agree with everyone else, to take all the help that is offered to you.
You're bound to feel a bit nervous - that is only natural. Good luck with it and do let us know how you get on.

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
I'm can't even know to believe how nice you all people are to me is just Arkansas hillbilly and you guys are so far away to be bond bond bother you and is so busy to help your on own dimension people and we are post to be the friendly ones but I'm can't find nobody is here in my county country to be talk to about this thing so I'm thanking the Lord for you guys oh yeah this is Matt

vas

Oct 13, 2023
I'm mast my doctor why other dementia ones can talk so better than me cause I'm I'm justice moderate not the bad more one he said is not by dimension but is is by the force first stroke is call phased phased a face see ya. Ok got to spell that one is aphasia. He say will medical no Medicare will approve a speech. Therapy. You know that one? Can make me talk like more you guys? He says can help to do other things better too not just for is tocking but I'm can't know what he means this is Matt I'm hope you're good

vas

Oct 13, 2023
Hi Matt I don't know why medicare won't pay for speech therapy. There are apps , lessons, you can do at home perhaps with a volunteer? God bless

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
From what I understand of aphasia, its the tiny bit of your brain that controls speech that is affected by your stroke.
Speech therapy wouldnt be abe to repair it I doubt.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
From what I understand of aphasia, its the tiny bit of your brain that controls speech that is affected by your stroke.
Speech therapy wouldnt be abe to repair it I doubt.
Have to disagree there, Jessbow. Have a look at this:

recommended treatment for aphasia

Have been researching speech therapy lately as, much to my surprise, my neurologist referred me for speech therapy to help my memory problems. I didn't realise that was a thing! Here is a link:

speech therapy for memory issues

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Hi everybody is Matt I went my friend to the fort Smith and see them therapy ones and I'm forget I'm even right these this one tock talk but they can be to nice and talk so long time and tock my friend Steve too and I'm like them folks tea really good. Say them they said to Steve is can stay o there with us and did some sing and did some talk words and fell fell felt around my neck some was fun like that sing me and Steve got some food go going home and was fish was catfish husk hush puppies so was good time I'm hope all you ones all are good this is Matt

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Ah thats great news @MatthewB 😊😊 I’m so glad you took Steve and it sounds like you had fun, had some speech therapy and a boys meal out too on the way home.

Will you be able to go again?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Nothing like singing, locally we have radio stations that only play music from a specific decade 60s, 70s, 80s that and a bit of classical, my wife was quite an accomplished piano and guitar player, music therapy.
Strange thing was she could do all the lyrics then ask me who I was, after nearly 40 years together. K

SelahRosario

Feb 22, 2024
From what I understand, aphasia messes with how you talk and understand others, and it can even make reading and writing tough. It's something that happens to a lot of people, especially if they've had a stroke or are dealing with dementia, and everyone's experience with it can be pretty different. I've heard that Medicare usually helps pay for speech therapy for this because it's a big deal for getting better.