What are the key things to say?

ShivyDevon

Oct 11, 2022
Great news - glad it went well. Hopefully the respite will be arranged swiftly. I hope you're feeling happier about things. Take care x

Kath610

Apr 6, 2022
Maldon, Essex
Hello Kath 610, I'm pleased you are getting the help you need. I don't need help at the moment but I can see that I'm heading in that direction . My partner is passive and compliant( when I can make him understand what I'm asking) but I find it exhausting as his comprehension is fading fast. You say you are entitled to six weeks respite a year, is that to be financially means tested or something the LA awards to carers at the point of need following a needs assessment? Hope you don't mind me asking, I'm just trying to work my way round a complex care system.
Best wishes to you
Hello @maggie6445 we are to have a financial assessment but from what I could gather the six weeks are standard, no matter who is paying for it.

Kath610

Apr 6, 2022
Maldon, Essex
That sounds like a good result. I hope a place in one of your preferred homes is found very soon.
Thank you @Sarasa , I thought I would get a more truthful idea about care homes if I asked people who had actually used them, as well as googling the homes themselves to find out about them and of course their prices!

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinaRose