Trouble with mobile data this afternoon

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
It's probably just one of those things, but I've had trouble with getting any new pages coming through on my android smartphone, for about 3 hours this afternoon. Everything seems to be back to normal now.
Needless to say I don't have WiFi. Mobile data has served me well - I can only think of one more occasion where I've had this trouble.
Sometimes it's been slow at busy times of the day, but not too bad.

At times like this one realises how much one relies on a smartphone these days. I'm even thinking of buying a spare just in case.
Has anyone else had any difficulty?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Someone on the news said there had been a short term issue with one network today, didn't really listen too much as it's not the one I'm on.
My quite old android phone takes 3 SIM cards so I have 3 different numbers, ring tones and depends on who you are, straight to voicemail, family and friends or the kids, as I say different number and different ringtone. K

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Someone on the news said there had been a short term issue with one network today, didn't really listen too much as it's not the one I'm on.
My quite old android phone takes 3 SIM cards so I have 3 different numbers, ring tones and depends on who you are, straight to voicemail, family and friends or the kids, as I say different number and different ringtone. K
Thanks so much @Kevinl
I'm with Asda Mobile which uses the Vodafone network.
Just £10 a month for 15 MB, so it's perfect for me. My phone (honor 8s) is 4 years old - I don't know if that's old for a smartphone or not.

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Thanks @nitram - just checked and the coverage is good.
Only thing is, of course, I couldn't have checked it earlier. Did have a look on teletext (or whatever it's called now), but no news there.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Don't know but I get 100GB for £20 and that's GB not MB, unlimited minutes and texts too for 3 months bit of a difference. No contract just top up at the local shop.bk

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Don't know but I get 100GB for £20 and that's GB not MB, unlimited minutes and texts too for 3 months bit of a difference. No contract just top up at the local shop.bk
Yes, I meant GB Kevin. 15GB is plenty for me, so it works out well - I'm not locked into a contract either.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Don't know but on the wrapper I get it say I get 100GB plus unlimited texts and unlimited minutes, other networks do give me the free texts and calls but less than half the internet time. It's all pay at the superarket stuff no sign up or bank details, no contract just renew with the best deal or better still threaten to leave, got me a whole lot better deal. K

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Don't know but my history with apple goes back a very, very long way as a computer user/graphics designer always loved their stuff and still have a whole load of it from working at home so a fan.
That said a voucher from the corner shop gives me the next 3 months or 100GB for £20, not a chance I'll use the data limit let alone the free calls and texts as they are unlimited.
To unlimited and beyond to paraphrase the film quote. K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shellells11