Social Services

Richardh1969

Feb 11, 2024
My Mom is self funding and is in a Care Home for restbite. Mom wants to return home and we have arranged carers 3 times a day. Is it necessary for Social Services to assess Mom before she returns home....Social Services said they can not guarantee when they can visit Mom and it is costing her over £1000 per week. Anyone else had similar issues?

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
If she's only in for respite, she can come home when she wants, cant she? Respite is usually only short stay

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
As long as there is not a DoLs in place , which I doubt as it is a respite arrangement, then social services don’t need to be involved unless you have requested an assessment or there is a safeguarding issue. That said we don’t have all the facts.

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
My Mom is self funding and is in a Care Home for restbite. Mom wants to return home and we have arranged carers 3 times a day. Is it necessary for Social Services to assess Mom before she returns home....Social Services said they can not guarantee when they can visit Mom and it is costing her over £1000 per week. Anyone else had similar issues?
Social services are usually not interested in self funders. At least that is my experience. Were Social services involved before the respite?

Richardh1969

Feb 11, 2024
Social services are usually not interested in self funders. At least that is my experience. Were Social services involved before the respite?
Hi, The Hospital recommended we were referered to social services as Mom was diagnosed with Nascular Dementia. She went into hospital with delirium but in our opinion now OK to return home with the right care. Care is being paid for by Mom

Richardh1969

Feb 11, 2024
As long as there is not a DoLs in place , which I doubt as it is a respite arrangement, then social services don’t need to be involved unless you have requested an assessment or there is a safeguarding issue. That said we don’t have all the facts.
Thanks for the reply. No DoLs in place and no safeguarding issues.

Jessie5

Jul 17, 2017
No need for social services to be involved. Whichever care company you use will do their own assessment of your Mum without input from social services.

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
I can sort of see where you are coming from. It is a shock how much you are left to get on with things as a family, for better or worse.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaffacake104