Sister with dementia

emn306

Jun 26, 2024
I have a question. My sister recently went to live in assisted living because she could no longer live alone and take care of herself. She is 92 and always complained with neck and shoulder pain. Couldn't sit without something to lean her head on.Since she moved to assisted living, she sits up for hours in a wheelchair with no neck rest and never complains of pain. Is this something to do with dementia she has?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello and welcome to the forum @emn306

It's hard to give a definitive answer to your question. What can be said is that a person with dementia can be very confused and unable to explain what troubles them. On such occasions a general pain may be the only complaint they can put into words and this may be what has happened.

My wife used to complain about endless niggles and as soon as she had been seen by a medic the complaint of the time stopped. I took it as cries for help.

emn306

Jun 26, 2024
Hello and welcome to the forum @emn306

It's hard to give a definitive answer to your question. What can be said is that a person with dementia can be very confused and unable to explain what troubles them. On such occasions a general pain may be the only complaint they can put into words and this may be what has happened.

My wife used to complain about endless niggles and as soon as she had been seen by a medic the complaint of the time stopped. I took it as cries for help.
Thank you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harrymarshallbrooks@gmail